Never (Lev Haiba)

Wizzy: The "Aki" guy that they mention is the Reader from Alisa's parts. I ended up making an OC out of him and I absolutely adore him. Also, I'd like to warn you that there are mentions of Aki's dark past, so if you are very sensitive to the darker stuff, you may want to skip this.

A small growl escapes as I hear her. The way she's hitting on him disgusts me. If she knew that he wasn't human, she'd be acting a whole hell of a lot differently. It's not long before I snap and decide to intervene. "Back off, human bitch," I growled, moving between her and the silver-haired shape-shifter.

In my two years back in normal society, I've made no attempts to hide the fact that I'm not human. Why should I anyway? I've already lived through the hell that humans created, so why should I be afraid of them? Lev Haiba, though, was another story.

Lucky bastard was protected all his life and grew up having not the slightest clue as to when humans were capable of. As he made his attempt to tell me off for chasing off a girl who was actually interested in him, I quickly cut him off with a simple rule that I've been trying to drill into that idiot's head. "Never trust a human."

Don't get me wrong, I don't even like the guy. In fact, if it weren't for Aki, I wouldn't even give a damn if anything happened to that idiot. But unfortunately for me, Aki had a thing for Alisa Haiba and she adored her precious little "Lyovochka." So guess who got stuck with babysitting the behemoth who had no control over his transformations? Yeah, me.

For a few months, he didn't seem to really care that I kept interfering, but soon enough, he came to me with questions. "Why do you keep chasing people away from me?" Lev asked with a frown and crossed arms.

"Look, Aki asked me to look after you, since we're the same age," I sighed, mimicking his act of crossing his arms.

His frown then became an irritated scowl. "That guy is messed up in the head! I don't want him anywhere near me or my sister!"

I bared my teeth in a small snarl. That ungrateful little-! Aki was going out of his way to help Lev learn to transform at will when he could be out searching for his family! "Don't you dare say a word against him," I growled, shoving the larger male into the wall. Two years with the Collectors had given me more strength than the average female, plus I had caught him off guard.

Gripping the giant's shirt, I glared at him. "Don't talk shit about someone who you could never even hope to compare to." It made me sick to hear anyone speak ill of my dearest friend, a man who was like an older brother to me. "You will never understand what he's been through."

I was a pretty scary girl, for being such a petite one, but never had Lev actually looked afraid of me until right now. He'd hit the trigger, so he had better be prepared for consequences. "You could never understand how it feels to be taken away from your home, your family, and then be thrown into a room with nothing but an old mattress and a bucket in the corner... To be held down and raped over and over again... and no matter how much you cry and beg for it to stop, all you get is your balled-up shirt shoved in your mouth..."

Lev's face went paler than his hair as I spoke. Hell, who wouldn't have such a reaction to hearing such a thing? It was too detailed to have just been made up. "Now imagine being only ten years old as that happens... That is the hell that humans put Aki through." I released my grip on him, but my glare didn't falter for even a second. "And you know who's to blame? The one person who is solely responsible for making him sacrifice himself so that they could have a chance at a normal life?"

The male shook his head, while a few bystanders waited to hear the rest of what I had to say. "You," I stated as I pointed right at him. "Had your sister been alone that day, he probably wouldn't have tried to fight back so much, but you... you hit a nerve inside him and he couldn't let anything happen to you. The way you cried like a little baby... You made him feel so sorry for you, that he just couldn't let them get you."

Lev just stared at me in horror, not wanting to believe the words that I was saying. Was I being harsh? Yes, but this was something he needed to hear. "He gave up everything in order to protect you, so you owe him your life."

Of course, I should have been expecting his next question. "How do you even know that?" It was a fair point since he had been too young at the time to really remember it, so I would have been too young as well.

"It's a story we all knew well..." Despite the rough treatment of the Collectors, I did have many fond memories of our time together. "Renji Murakami, or as we knew him, Delta. Risa Ryuzaki, the Hellcat. Akihiro Sugiyama, or better known as Aki the Slut Wolf. And then myself. They called me Silver, thanks to the color of my fox fur." My voice softened as I spoke. The four of us were like a family... Delta and Hellcat were like Father and Mother, then Aki was the big brother...

"Delta and Aki were always protecting us... They did anything that they had to do to keep everyone alive..." My eyes closed for just a moment as I took a deep breath. "If it weren't for Aki, we would never have gotten free. It was his plan that the four of us carried out that let us break away from those horrible humans... So don't you ever insult him ever again. That man is a hero and will never be anything less than that."

Lev didn't dare say anything more. As far as I knew, he never said another word against my hero again. I was thankful for that, but deep down I wished he would have asked more about it all, because that was the most that we had ever talked in the time that I'd known him...