5: Lollipop

"Who are you?" A man says.

I take a step back but a hand stops my shoulder. I gasp, surprised, and I run the other way.

But a big muscular arm blocks my way. It is futile trying to escape.

"I said, who are you?!" The man is enraged now. Somebody needs to take a chill pill.

"Lollipop." I say the first thing that comes into my mind.

"Your name's Lollipop?" The man looks puzzled.

"Yeah buddy, got a problem with that?"

"Let us take her to Him," he instructs his companions. Suddenly a sack is thrown over my head.

~•~

"Are we there yet?" I whine for the nth time.

"No, now shut up!" The man dragging me pulls harder on the rope that is tied to my hands.

I slump on the dirt, I can't take it anymore. My legs are hurting and I feel like dying. Not to mention that I can't see anything.

"What's the matter with you?! Get up!" The man literally starts dragging me.

"Ow!" I yelp every now and then as I collide with a fallen branch or rock.

"Don't drag her Julian," one of the guys warns.

"Fine!" He throws me over his shoulder and continues to walk.

"Lollipop, lollipop, lolli-lollipop lollipop," I sing. It's getting boring. And besides, I want to annoy them. They did kidnap me.

But you went along with it.

Shut up conscience. I snap.

The sack is thrown off my head. "Will you please shut the f--"

"Julian!" A guy slaps him on the head hard, causing him to drop me.

"Freedom!" I say it like a battle cry and I run.

"Hey!"

"See ya suckers!" I even wave.

I hear twigs snap and tearing sounds.

Grrrr.

I keep on running. It sounded a bit stupid 'cause of the fact that the thing behind me might be a dog or snake. Animals that respond negatively to movements.

I keep running. Suddenly I collide with a wall.

"Who are you?" the wall roars. I looked up and realized it isn't a wall. It is a boy, about two or three years older than me.

"I, uh--" Suddenly Julian interrupts me.

"She was found trespassing our territory," he bows.

"Hmm. Such a shame we don't show mercy to trespassers." A sharp blow knocks me unconcious.

~•~

I wake up to the smell of rotting food. I wrinkle my nose and stretch. Where am I anyway?

I slowly stand up and scan the room. There are no windows. There are metal bars just like the kind you see in jails.

"Hey!" I yell. Yelling at a wall seems to be the best idea to release my frustration.

"Shut up girl!" The same man from before, Julian I think, peeks through the bars.

"I won't unless you tell me where I am!" I huff and cross my arms.

"I personally, will do that." A person emerges from the shadows and opens my cell.

I can't even utter a word when I am dragged away again. What is wrong with these people? Can't a regular person walk here without anyone dragging her?

I am dragged into a hall with a lot of doors. I look around and scrunch up my nose. These people had quite the taste for tapestry. (Note the sarcasm)

Everywhere there are dark colors and... Dogs? There are paintings of big dogs. Dogs sitting up, hiding, drinking from a lake, even one with many other smaller dogs swarming around it.

Without meaning to, I snort. The man looks at me weirdly and he looks offended.

"What?"

"So I'm guessing you're not much of a cat person," I tease.

"What gives you that idea?" He says innocently. I raise an eyebrow at his response.

I just shake my head and continue to stare at the floor.

I am led to an office after a series of doors and hallways. The man makes me stay outside for a while. I consider running away again, but I might just get lost in the maze of hallways.

I am beckoned in and I see a man sitting behind a huge mahogany desk piled with paperwork. He looks up when I enter and motions for me to sit. I awkwardly sit in one of the big chairs.

"So hi, uh, Lollipop?" He looks at me as if knowing it wasn't my real name.

"Its, uh, actually Elle." I see no point in lying.

"Elle, huh? What were you doing in my territory?" he asks.

I stop fiddling with my hands and look up to see him staring intently at me. "Territory?"

"I see." He nods and summons the man from earlier.

"Make sure she is comfortable," he commands.

The man grabs my arm and ushers me away.