25: I Want The Full Package

Beep-beep. Beep-beep.

I wake up with my mouth dry. Immediately I find the smell of antiseptic pervading my nose.

First thing I think: Water.

A glass appears beside me as if from nowhere. But alas, this is the real world and nothing like that happens except in movies and that shizazz. A hand is outstreched towards me holding the glass.

"W-who are you?" I say, my voice sounding like I'd screamed for days with no end. I can only see the hand and not the person; my neck is numb.

"Elle? You don't know me?!"

I'm about to say something but unfortunately doctors come in and start examining me.

"Elle? You don't remember me? Fu-"

I finally get control and I slowly raise my head.

"Don't curse Austin," I say with a smile.

"You know me?" His eyes light up immediately and I chuckle, sounding like a deranged rubber ducky.

"Of course I do!" I accept the glass and drink it in just one gulp. Immediately I feel my throat moisten and it removes the horrible scratchy thing in my throat.

My stomach makes sounds like a whale on drugs.

I get shot and my similes get more weird. Gosh.

"Don't do that ever again Elle," Austin says to me in a hushed tone.

"Do what?"

"Pretend you don't know me. don't Elle. Please."

I laugh. Right in his face. For the next few minutes. By the time I'm done he has on an annoyed expression and my tummy hurts.

"Ow. Mother trucker Hunters," I curse as I clutch my stomach. The doctors swarm around me again like I'm a piece of meat and they're hungry lions. They leave after a while.

Austin just gives me a weirded-out look. I smile sweetly back at him.

"You were shot," I remember.

"It was just a graze," he says again. He shows his now-healed arm.

I was about to say something but my head pulses.

"God, my head hurts. Somebody get me something, painkillers, aspirin, anything!" I say, clutching my head.

Austin immediately starts calling for a doctor. Luckily, one shows up holding a clipboard.

"Get me some paracetamol woman!" I yell at her, making her drop the clipboard. Austin picks it up and his eyes go wide.

"No," he says in disbelief. He looks at the doctor as if asking if whatever was there was real. The doctor only nods grimly.

"Why? What's wrong?" I ask, suddenly panicking. What if I had something called Draudueorism or something?

"What? I'm sorry? What?" I say loudly when the doctor and Austin start to whisper amongst themselves.

"Tell me now what the heck is wrong with me, or I will rip this IV cord out of my arm!"

"Not you!" I point to Austin. He'd probably sugar-coat the whole thing and I want to face it.

"Well, Elle," the doctor starts, " It's better if we show you."

Before I know it, she's lifting up my shirt.

"What in the name of names are doing?" I snap, all the while struggling to fight her.