Prologue

Hey. My name is Luci. Well that's my HUMAN name anyway. As you can tell by the title of this story, I'm different. But not your NORMAL type of different like having a different personality, depression, piercings, emo, well I guess I'm also your normal type of different too. But there's something, 'strange' about me if you would say. I know this is going to sound crazy and your going call me insane. But what I'm about to tell you is true. I'm half wolf. Yes like I said crazy but let me finish. It's not like I'm always a wolf that talks, walks on two legs, and has opposable thumbs. I can kinda choose when I turn into my wolf form. Sometimes when I'm in my human form it happens with out me choosing to shift, but I can feel it when it starts to happen and if i dont choose to shift Its a long, painful process. Oh! My wolf name is Lucky, but don't call me that, I HATE my real wolf name so call me Darkheart.

        I'm in 8th grade and have gone to the same school district my whole life. Untill now. My mom recently overdosed on heroine and my dad, he just- he's not the same. He refuses to live in a house where his wife overdosed. So we are moving. Across the country, from California, to North carolina. But no body in North Carolina but my dad knows my secret about being half wolf. I had a friend back in California who knows and her name is Haylee. This story begins after we have finished settling at our new home, on my first day of school, which was dreadful. Okay I'll shut up and you can read the story. No one ever wants to hear me talk anyway.