Chapter 5

I didnt sleep that well that night and when morning came, i didnt want to go to school. I hate school! Despite the fact that my depression told me not to get up, something else told me to go. Im not quite sure why i went, but i did.
      I woke up, took a shower because i still smelled like dog, got dressed, didnt bother to eat breakfast, got my stuff and walked to school.
      I finally got to school i was late. 'Fucking BRILLIANT!' I thought. I walked into the office, got my excuse, and went to class. I walked into class and felt everyones gaze burning into my flesh and i hated it. I got to my seat as fast as I possibly could without running and dylan smiled at me and said "hi!". "Hey.." I whispered back. He smiled and showed me the assignment the class was assigned and i did it.
**RINNNNGGG**
    The bell rang and i headed to second class. The teacher didn't assign anything in this class because he felt like he needed to explain the meaning of the only poster in the room for an hour and a half. It was a cheesy picture of a cat looking in the mirror at a lion and it says "YOU CAN DO ANYTHING" and that pretty much speaks for itself.

  **RINNNG**

     The lunch bell rang and i scurried to lunch. I didnt get lunch today because I wasn't very hungry. Dylan sat next to me and we chatted about nothing in particular. The he said something that blew my mind. "You know, youre very pretty" and he smiled with his cheeks slightly red. "Hah. Thanks." I blushed a bit and smiled.
     I started smelling a dog, it was very close. Just as soon as i turned to look back at Dylan he got up and rushed out of the cafeteria covering his ears. I got up and rushed after him. He ran out the school doors leaving the school and i followed, my hands and feet hurt,  i felt my claws coming out but i was too worried about dylan to care. He raced into the woods and I followed. He stopped and i stopped beside him. My teeth were coming in as well as my ears and it hurt. He looked at me in pure shock and horror, i saw his ears but im not sure he saw mine yet, he got up to run but i grabbed him before he did. "Woah woah! Hold your horses!!" I was trying to get him to calm down and it hurt my jaws. I think by then he smelled the dog on me and relaxed. I let go of him and looked him in the eye. "S-so y-you-your a wolf too?" He asked. "Yeah. I am" I tryed to smile at him but winced in pain. "The teeth hurt the worst" he said. "Yeah." I replied. "I should probably get going" he said, now completely shifted. "Me too." I said and took off running home across the street, where i then went through the dog door, and sprawled out on the carpet. I didnt hide this time, i didnt cry. But i was happy. For the first time i felt accepted. I napped right where i was-- which was sprawled out on the carpet.