Chapter 2

"Hey Luci" he said, "You have very pretty eyes". I looked up and my green eyes met his piercing blue eyes. For some reason, that short glance into his eyes made me feel like I was being pulled in. "Thanks!" I said "You do too!".
As we ate the gross slop that the school calls 'lunch' me and Dylan talked. We lost track of time and before we knew it, lunch was over. "Wanna talk again tomorrow" Dylan said as he smiled the most charming smile I've ever seen and i said "Sure".
     I made my way to 3rd class and i felt it, I started to change. "Oh no oh no oh nooo not today" I thought. I silently raised my hand and when the teacher called on me i said "May i please go call my dad, its an emergency". The teacher wrote a hall pass so I could be excused in the hall, she handed me the pass and i walked out the door and headed to the office. Something wasn't right. I felt myself shift faster than I should. I started running down the hall towards the office and when i finally got there I threw my pass down on the table and dialed my dads number. The phone rang and rang but my dad didn't pick up. "SHIT!" I thought to myself. I didn't have time to call back because I could feel the claws coming out from underneath my fingernails and it hurt. I ran out the doors of the office and saw Dylan out of the corner of my eye and slowed down. "Hey you alright?" He said. "Yeah I'm fine" my voice sounded like a growl and i picked up my pace and flew out the nearest exit.
My place wasn't far from the school so i ran all the way home. By the time i got inside i was already half dog. It hurt extremely bad because of all the running i had to do. I finished my shifting and crawled under the bed and whined and cried. "At least I'm small enough to fit under here" i thought.