3 in 1

"I thought you'd never call," Anna smiled.

We were currently at a coffee shop and met 7:30 in the morning. I called her up to see if we can have lunch, but says she's only available before her work starts. It's not everyday that a cute (and hot) girl would give her number to an average Joe like me, so why shouldn't I give her a ring?

"I was quite busy these past few days. Sorry about that."

"You're a shy one, aren't you?" She bit her lip before drinking her cappuccino.

I smile.

"So...Marcus. Tell me about yourself? Age, sex, location."

"Well...I'm 30, obviously male, from around the corner." I took a sip of my coffee.

She giggled, "What I mean with sex is if you're active...or a virgin?"

I choked on my drink and spilt my coffee on the floor. I flush as I look at her in shock. I didn't see that one coming.

♪♫ (insert background music: Billy Joel - Uptown Girl) ♫♪

"Oh, too personal? Am I too fast?" Anna tucked strands of her brown hair behind her ear and gave the sweetest smile. "Let's not beat around the bush, sexy. You know why I gave you my number." She winked.

Anna is a constant surprise. Looking at how innocent she looks with her petite built under a pink polo shirt tucked in a white trouser, her mid-length hair in curls, her small, delicately shaped lips glistening from her pink lip gloss, and her eyes round with long lashes—who would have thought she's an aggressive one.

"Uh...well...no."

"No, what?"

"Not active, not a virgin."

"Oooh...when was the last time and with who?" She leaned in forward, her eyes glowing with curiosity, her smile seducing me.

"Uhmm..."

A group of girls passed by and called Anna, "Hey Rosanna, let's go!"

"Okay!" She turned back to me, "I guess I'll have to find out on our second date?" She stands from her chair and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek. "See you soon, sexy."

I watch her walk away. Rosanna. So that's her name. I wipe the sweat off my forehead and go to my next destination.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Marcus!" Sunny greeted me with a smile as I entered her studio. "Come in, come in! I'll be with you in a sec!"

Sunny owns Bright Eyes Photography and has a staff of seven people. It was a start-up , running on its fifth month, and she was one of the photographers, too. 

I sat at the corner of the studio and watch her take pictures of two teenage models—a boy and a girl.

"Okay, one more time. Yes, perfect! Tina, put your arm around his shoulder. Hold still...and there you go!" 

♪♫ (insert background music: Stevie Wonder - Isn't She Lovely)   

Everything went slow motion and I smile. My eyes fixated on her every movement. The way she fiddles with her camera before taking a shot was majestic, the sound of her voice was melodic, the way she smiles was mesmerizing. Now, I see her walking towards me, her hips swaying left and right. She makes photography look so good.

"Hey, Marcus!"

I jolted.

"Are you okay?"

"Oh yeah. What were you saying?"

"I said are you good to start by Monday next week?"

"Of course."

"Great! Come, I'll show you around."

The teenage girl shouts at her from the exit door, "Miss Rosanna, let's have some lunch!"

Sunny waves at the girl and smiles "You guys go ahead. Enjoy!"

What the...her name is Rosanna, too?

-----------------------------------------------------  

8 pm. Henry's Pub

"Hi, is there a Rosie here?"

The man behind the counter doesn't respond. Awkward. He looks like he's in his forties, his mustache in a classic chevron cut. Geez...he actually reminds me of that Ron Swanson guy. 

He nods behind me indicating where Rosie is. I turn and see a mess. A hot mess.

♪♫ (insert background music:The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup) ♫♪    

There was a rumble between two groups of men, broken bottles everywhere, women screaming. Rosie jumps in the middle, still in her bartender uniform, her straight long black hair in a ponytail.

She lands a punch on the bald guy on her left and kicks the man's balls on her right, she gets a chair and smashed it on the rest. Behind her were two men wearing black shirts and pants—possibly the bouncers—helping her stop the chaos.

"Get out!" Rosie shouted.

The men started running out of the pub, frightened of what Rosie might do to them. My jaw dropped.

She walks towards me and my knees start to shake. I fall and sit flat on my bottom. I look up to her and see her hands reach out to me.

"7,000." Rosie wasn't to be argued with tonight, so I handed her the money even if I didn't want to pay her that much for her shitty car.

The guy with the mustache spoke for the first time. "Rosanna, don't kill the poor boy," he smirked.

I look into the ceiling and try to use my 'X-Ray' vision as if I were seeing Jesus. I'm alive!

What is it with that name?!