Part 48

"Well? Alphys said only you can read it" you mumble. Sans takes a deep breath. He turns back to face you with a big fat grin on his face.

"You said Papyrus is at Alphys's, right?" Sans asks, almost growling. You nod. "C'mon, let's go meet up with them."

~~~~~

"SANS!" Alphys and Papyrus yell simultaneously. Papyrus sprints over to Sans and slams into him, hugging him.

"Oh my dear brother, where have you been?! I was so worried!" Papyrus cries.

"It's alright Papy, see I'm fine" Sans whispers.

"How did you find him, y/n?" Alphys asks you.

"He, uh, he was in the park" you tell her, not really sure what else to say. Alphys hums.

"I guess I should explain, um . . . everything . . ." Sans mumbles.

~~~*~~~

Sans said he didn't know exactly why everything is happening now. But it's all because of someone named W.D. Gaster. Gaster is the one who caused the yucky and gross feelings. The one who creates dé•jà vu. The one was holding Sans back in the nightmare. He kidnapped Sans. Gaster also sent the strange symbols in the text. But when you asked what they meant, Sans would not read it to you. Sans only explained as much as he wanted to, leaving you, Papyrus, and Alphys with many questions.

"I . . . think that's enough for now. I'm gonna go take a nap" Sans says. He walks past and down one of the corridors of Alphys's lab. You hear his footsteps echo and getting slower until there is a thud followed by snoring.

"Papyrus, can you go help your brother out?" Alphys sighs.

"Of course the great Papyrus will help my dear brother!" Papyrus cheers before running off.

"So . . . who IS Gaster exactly?" You ask Alphys. Alphys twiddles with her fingers, staring at the ground.

"H-he . . . uh, h-he was the o-old royal scientist. I-I'm not sure h-how much I should t-tell you" Alphys says nervously "I d-don't really know m-much about him."

You know Alphys wasn't going to say much else. And Sans had already said his piece. You didn't think Papyrus had anything to add. It seemed like they were keeping secrets from you. Probably to "protect you" or something stupid like that. Either way you are determined to get the whole story.