4: harry potter

SCENE FOUR
HARRY POTTER

       Fred wasn't late to their first tutoring session. He found Arlo - nose buried in a book that looked older than Dumbledore, white hair messy, a hand casually knotted in it - in the library already. He was early, the Weasley boy wasn't late.

    Fred didn't notice himself smiling at the sight. He sat himself carefully down opposite Arlo so as to not disturb him, but Arlo's head shot up. He hurriedly dropped the book, pushing his glasses up his nose. 

    "Hello." he breathed.

    Fred grinned. "Hi."

    "Okay. Hi. Um, what do you need help with? In Transfiguration, I mean."

    "Apparently, everything."

    Arlo swallowed. "Oh my."

    Fred grimaced. "Indeed."

    Arlo dove into his bag, fishing out his Transfiguration textbook and his wand, and when he emerged, Fred was frowning, brows creased together.

    "Is everything alright?" Arlo asked, praying he hadn't done anything wrong.

    Fred nodded slightly.

    "Yeah," he started. "It's just... You know Harry didn't put his name in right?"

    Arlo blinked. "Of course he didn't. It would have been impossible."

    "Impossible." Fred echoed lowly. It was as if he wasn't believing what Arlo was saying.

    "Well, yes. If you couldn't enter with an aging potion for a couple of months, how would he have been able to enter with an aging potion, or spell, for about three years? The longer you make yourself magically age, the stronger the magic is and the more likely it is to pick up." Arlo explained. "Therefore, he would have never had been able to make it through Dumbledore's age line."

    Fred nodded.

    "Um... Do you mind doing me a favour?" Arlo asked tentatively.

    "What is it?" Fred replied.

    "Do you mind telling him that I, and a lot of other Ravenclaws, believe that he didn't put his name in? I don't know, it might make him feel better, you know, like... A little less alone." Arlo said.

    Fred smiled. "Of course."

    Arlo smiled back, and it was the brightest thing Fred had ever seen. And he wanted to see it again.