10: the long list of arlo's problems pt II

SCENE TEN
THE LONG LIST OF ARLO'S PROBLEMS PT. II

    Arlo felt as though he was about to faint when he entered the Ravenclaw Common Room

    Arlo felt as though he was about to faint when he entered the Ravenclaw Common Room. Jem was sitting in front of the fire, a three foot parchment for Potions resting on the ground over her crossed legs.

    "Jem," said Arlo, voice tight as he sat down on the ground next to her, leaning his back against the couch. "Does Fred Weasley take Astronomy?"

    Jem looked at him carefully. "No clue," she replied. "Philpott! Does Fred Weasley take Astronomy?"

    Xavier Philpott excelled in the subject.

    "No." He called back simply from the other side of the room, before returning to his studying.

    Arlo had gone white, his scar standing out even worse than usual.

    "Merlin's pants," he mumbled. "He knows."

    Seeing Jem's questioning stare, Arlo explained what he'd seen in the library.

    "Oh shit." Jem finally answered, after an agonizing pause. Arlo started to panic, heaving in short, sharp breaths, eyes wide.

    "He can't know, he can't find out! He'll hate me! Jem, please help me, I don't want him to hate me!"

    "Arlo, Arlo- breathe. Okay? Breathe." Jem soothed, gripping his shoulders. "The Weasleys are nice people. Fred won't hate you, he won't even think of you differently. He didn't with Professor Lupin last year, remember? Nothing has changed."

    Arlo nodded. He still felt lightheaded; part of him was not convinced, and was in complete panic mode.

   "Will you still tutor him on Thursday for me?"

    "No, don't be such a pussy."

    She ended up doing it anyway.

Hi, sorry this is so long awaited.
I have this whole story written out
completely, I just absolutely typing,
plus this year is really important so
I'm being swamped with homework
etc. Regardless, there will be another
chapter up soon, happy reading!