A Fresh start, well... sort of.

So I was on a little girl's bike, pedaling as hard as I could to get there without trouble. I rode around the quiet roads, heading for the motorway, to get out of town. 

After a while, I started getting tired. The number of infected wasn't getting smaller, it seemed a lot of people were infected. I could hear loads of people screaming in the highstreets. It was sad to think about it but I had to survive, there was no point running in a horde of infected to save people. I mean if I had a car then I'd probably consider it, but I had a seven year old's barbie princess bike. It still had the tiny stumps of the shiny tassels that hung on the handelbars. I had pulled them off so if I did get close enough that any infected could grab, they wouldn't grab the tassels and pull the bike. 

I carried on pedaling until I reached the bottom of a hill. I "parked" the bike next to a post box, took my bag and headed towards the small green post office. I pushed the door open quietly, being careful not to draw any attention of the infected. I crept in, while the door shut behind me with a quiet puff. I checked behind the counter and found an infected with about 101 stab wounds in it, then a small pen knife inbetween the eyes. I figured he wasn't alone so I pulled my knife out of my boot and held it, ready for an attack. 

I slowly walked around the back of the shop, banging the glass to make sure there wasn't any infected around. Just when I thought I was safe, I heard it. The disgusting groan/choke the infected tend to make. I waited for it to come out, but it didn't, so I followed the sound to it's source. 

The sound was coming from behind a door that seemed to lead to some sort of storage cupboard. I approached the door cautiously, pulled the handel down and dragged the door back, knife at the ready.

I was met with essentially, an infected, half stuck in the huge shredder. It looked so horrible. The over-sized white shredder machine was stained with gloopy brown blood from the infected stuck in it. I approached it and it tried to grab me by swinging it's arms. Quickly, I stuck my knife in it's brain and shut the door. When I turned, I was facing the end of a gun.

"Get out"