(7) Frederick Chase (Mortal)

i know that in the actual series annabeth forgives frederick and they are happy and whatever, but i like when frederick isn't accepting of the relationship. if you don't like that, then don't read this. :))

Frederick POV

I was straightening up Annabeth's room because she was coming to visit this weekend. She said she was bringing one of her friends, but I didn't mind because I would get to see her. Helen was making dinner and baking cookies against her own will. Bobby and Matthew were picking up all of their toys and doing their chores.

I was so excited to finally see Annabeth after 4 years! I wanted to make it up to her and show her that I changed and that Helen changed too. I just wanted to apologize once and for all to her for everything that I've done.

The doorbell rung. I ran- no I stopped myself and walked to the door. I opened it and when I saw them, I stifled a gasp. Annabeth was taller, tanner, and leaner. Her hair was in a bun that was messed up, she was wearing her Camp Half-Blood t-shirt, jean shorts, and converse. But when I looked into her intelligent gray eyes, I saw brokenness and hardship. What surprised me most of all is that it was a boy who was with her. He was taller than her, probably about 6'2 with messy black hair, green eyes like the ocean, and a tan body. I think I've met him before. What was his name again? Paul? Perry? Pierre? Peter? Oh it's Peter, yes Peter Johnson.

Annabeth hugged me and said, "Hey dad. I missed you." I pulled away and looked at Peter.

"Hi Peter. You were the guy who came here all sad when Annabeth was missing, right?" I said. He chucked and stuck out his hand. I shook it.

"It's Percy actually, but yeah that was me Mr. Chase," he said with a smile.

"Oh sorry. It's been a while," I said. "Come in, come in."

They walked in with their luggage.

"Annabeth you can sleep in your room and Bobby and Matthew can lead you to the guest room, Percy," I said. He nodded and just as I was about to call Bobby and Matthew, they came running in.

"ANNABETHHHHHH," they screamed while running into her arms.

"Aww I missed you guys," she said kissing their foreheads. They pulled away and looked at Percy.

"Hi I'm Bobby and this is Matthew. Who are you?" Bobby said.

"I'm Percy, Annabeth's friend," Percy said. Annabeth elbowed him in the ribs. He sighed.

"Fine, i'm her best friend," he said. Annabeth looked at him and smiled.

"Matthew, can you show Percy the guest room," I said. Matthew saluted me and pulled Percy's elbow. He laughed, picked up the suitcase, and followed Matthew. Annabeth followed them. As Percy was walking up the stairs, he tripped on the step and tumbled backwards down the stairs. Along the way, he collided into Annabeth, who tumbled with him. They landed at the bottom of the steps with Percy on top of Annabeth.

"Seaweed Brain!! You idiot!" Annabeth said while laughing.

"Sorry Wise Girl, but you should've seen your face!" Percy said getting up off the floor. He held a hand out to Annabeth. She glared at him, but took it. When she stood up, she was about 4 inches away from his face. She glared at him again and smacked him on the arm. They picked up their luggage and went back up the stairs.

"σε μισώ (I hate you)," Annabeth said.

"Δεν μ 'αγαπάς (no you love me)," Percy said. Annabeth looked up at him with a look of hate? Love? Nuh-uh not love. She will not be dating this troublemaker who is obviously a bad influence on her.