Demons

In the Apocalypse, anything could happen. You didn't expect much, you just thought that walkers were the only things you had to deal with.

Oh, it was far worse than that. You didn't understand how, or why, but Carl had begun acting weird after he lost his eye. Not just because he had some memory loss, or just because he was irritable; but he was different. It wasn't the Carl you knew or liked. It was someone else.

You were alone in Alexandria one night. Not completely alone, but most of your group was gone - out looking for Negans group. Carl hadn't gone with them but at the moment you didn't know where he was. It was dark, nearly everyone else was asleep, but you were awake, sitting outside on the porch. You couldn't sleep.

You thought that maybe getting some fresh air would help, but it didn't. You couldn't stop thinking about Carl. About how angry he'd get, or how he'd hide away in his room for long periods of time. You were worried for him since he'd never acted like that before.

"Y/N?" You quickly turned your head, your eyes widening a bit from the surprise. "W-What?" you asked, seeing Enid standing by your porch. You and her weren't friends, but you didn't hate her. You just never talked, so it shocked you.

"I just saw Carl go over the wall." Enid whispered. You stared at her for a moment, your eyebrows knitting closely together.

"What do you mean?" you asked as if you didn't know. You were just, well, shocked. Of course.

"He went over the wall, like, by himself. He was looking around like he didn't want anyone to see him either." she said, crossing her arms over her chest.

You knew she was telling the truth because she didn't sneak outside of the walls like she used to. You frowned and stood up, you had just a pair of jeans, a tank top, and one of Carls flannels on to cover your shoulders.

"Can you.. uh.. stay here for a few minutes?" You asked, stepping off of the porch. She watched you and sighed,

"you're going to look for him." she mumbled, she already knew.

"If anyone asks where I am, stall for me." you whispered, turning to face her. She nodded slightly,

"Okay," she said, "but what if you don't come back?" You frowned, placing a hand on your hip. "I will come back. If I can't find Carl, I'll come back here. See you later."

You ran to the wall that Enid said she saw Carl climb over. Nobody was around but you made sure to look around before you climbed the wall.

You landed on your feet outside of the walls with a loud thump. The leaves crunched underneath the rubber of your shoes as you regained your balance. From where you stood, Carl was no where to be seen, so you knew it would take a while to find him.

It was also be getting dark outside soon too, which wasn't a good thing either. Not only had you risked your life by climbing out of Alexandria, but you also forgot a weapon. You didn't have anything to defend yourself with.

You took a step forward and looked around; there wasn't anything visible yet. You were in the clear, as far as you could see. You began walking forward, your heart rate still at a normal pace.

You couldn't say you weren't scared because you were, you were scared for Carl and for yourself, considering the fact that anything could happen. You didn't know if you'd find him alive, dead, or even at all. Maybe he'd be back in Alexandria before you got back.

Maybe he just went looking for something, or maybe he needed some fresh air to relax? He could've easily gotten that inside the walls, but, you never know.