Chapter 1-StarFleet Academy

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all enjoy the first chapter of Crossing Cassandra!

Thank you xXWallflowersXx for the cover! And those of you who also sent me covers, thank you as well! I'll show your work on the picture side over the right so everyone can see :)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The sun had barely began to peak over the horizon when an the annoying beeping sound of an alarm clock burst through the quiet apartment room, but Cassandra was already wide awake. Adrenaline raced through her veins as she sat up and her heart pounded widely. Today was the day. As she got out of her twin sized bed and over to her small vanity, she looked in the mirror to see her shoulder-length hair frizzy and wild. Her terror filled caramel brown eyes starred back at her, yet a small smile crept on her lips. She shouldn't be this scared! It's just like the medical school she was at.....only harder....and a lot more ambitious...

No! Stop! She told herself. You're only psyching yourself out even more.

The missing sound of the running water from the shower tore Cassandra from her thoughts. That was weird... Her father normally took a shower around this time... But then again, they had been on summer break for a while. Cassandra ventured out her room to find that the hallway light wasn't on either. Her knock sounded a lot more urgent than normal as her knuckles pounded on the door to her father's room. The shifting sound of bedsheets came from the room before the door opened to reveal Leonard McCoy, whose brown hair was sticking in every direction possible. His sleepy hazel eyes looked at his nineteen-year-old daughter in confusion.

"Why are you up so early?" He questioned. Cassandra only had to look at him with a nervous expression before his eyes widened.

"It's today." He said before tripping over his feet to his chess of drawers and grabbed his uniform, then hurrying to the bathroom. Before he did, he gave Cassandra a hug.

"You excited?" He asked once he broke the hug. She gave a nervous smile.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine." He assured her.

"But I'm going to be one of the youngest students there." She pointed out.

"So? That just shows how smart you are."

Cassandra smiled at her father's reply.

"Thanks Dad." She laughed, and he smiled in return.

"Now go get dressed or you're going to be late your first day." He said, and with that, Cassandra raced to her room and began to get dressed. Once she was done, she looked at herself in the vanity mirror and took a deep breath. All she wanted now was to be in the comfort of her green pajamas, but she knew that it was now or never. As she looked at the cadet uniform she was wearing, she glanced at the pixelated pictures that were on the sides of the mirror. She smiled as she looked at them to see her friends from her medical school and the graduation picture she took with her father. He didn't like pictures or smiling in them, but this was the one picture she had of him grinning from ear to ear. Terror was soon replaced with excitement as she looked back at herself, this time with confidence.

After Cassandra had put on some light makeup, she had trouble deciding on her hairstyle. Her hair looked to puffy in a pointy-tail, and it looked quite messy in a bun. After debating between the two, she finally chose the bun. It took a few minutes to finally get every strand of hair in the bun,but she finally did it. She let her bangs sweep across her forehead, since it would look funny if she bobby-pined them back. A knock came from her door as she finished her hair.

"Can I come in?" She heard McCoy ask.

"Yeah." She replied. As the door opened, she straightened her uniform and looked to her Dad.