Five

"Yes...you are. Thanks, O. Did you check on Kali?" Demi asked as Odell shook his head. "Can you check on Kali?"

"I mean, you've been up but sure," Odell said as he left the bathroom with a roll of his eyes.

Not because of Demi, but because of Tinsley. Odell just didn't understand how or why Demi was still friends with her, but that seemed to be the only best friend Demi had here so he let her be.

Odell walked into Kali's nursery and picked her up out of her crib since she was awake. She always woke up happy unless she was sick or needed her diaper changed. She wasn't even one yet but Demi was already trying to potty train her. He thought it was a little early but he hated changing dirty diapers so it was a win win.

"Hey princess, let's get you ready for today," Odell cooed as he set Kali down on the floor and went to her closet. Demi loved going shopping for Kali. He was pretty sure Kali had more clothes than Demi. He was about to pick out an outfit until his phone started to ring, and once he saw that it was his manager, he knew that he couldn't ignore it.

"Odell! Tell me I'm the best manager you'll ever have!" Jeff exclaimed as Odell furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why?"

"Because I've got executives from Nike in my office right now ready to sign a two year endorsement with you. Are you in?" Jeff questioned as Odell smiled.

"You're kidding!"

"I don't joke about money, Odell. You just need to come down here and sign these-"

"Wait, right now?"

"Yeah, they want you to sign them and then we can all go out for a celebratory lunch together," Jeff said as Odell ran his hand down his face.

"Today is Demi's graduation, Jeff. Can I sign them another time? Like later on today?"

"Odell, this is Nike. Demi is great, I love her and she makes amazing quiche, but this is your career. This is what you've worked your whole life for. Do you know how hard it is to get Nike to sign a first year player? If you want this contract, I need you down here within the hour," Jeff explained as Odell sighed, but he knew the decision that he would have to make.

After getting Kali dressed, Odell took her into the bathroom where the stylist he hired was doing Demi's hair. She was straightening it, which was something that Demi didn't often do because of how long it took.

"Thanks for getting her dressed for me. You know I have to be at the arena a little early so can she stay here with you?" Demi questioned, looking up at Odell with the same big brown eyes that Kali had, the big brown eyes that Odell couldn't say no to. But he had to this time.

"Actually, I'm gonna have to catch up with you guys a little later. I'll still be there, but I have to run and do this thing for Jeff," Odell said as Demi nodded her head.

"Oh, that's fine. I'm sure Tinsley won't have a problem with taking her," Demi responded. "What does Jeff need you for?"

"Just another paper to sign. You know how it is. But I'll see you at the ceremony, okay? I'm so proud of you baby," Odell kissed her lips, but before they could go any further Demi pulled away with a giggle.

"Baby, we have company," she said as her cheeks filled up with a pink tint. Odell just kissed her again before he went into his closet to find something to wear. The quicker he got to this meeting, the quicker he would be able to leave and make it to Demi's ceremony before she walked across that stage.

The first person that Demi hugged after the ceremony was over was Kali. Mostly because Kali threw herself into Demi's arms, but also because Kali was the one who pushed her to graduate. Sure, she was also the reason why she graduated late, but Demi wanted her daughter to learn that when you start something, you have to finish it. And how would she look encouraging Kali to go to college if she didn't even graduate?