Round 2 RESULTS: Part 1

Okay, okay. This is turning out to be pretty messy. Again, I apologize.

Anyways, VanillaCaramelLatte hasn't answered yet, so I'll need to get a new judge. If you know anyone who is willing to help, who has decent judging skills and has not entered the competition or knows anyone that wrote the books he or she will be judging, leave a comment.

If you're book is not in the list below, it means it will be judged as soon as we get a... Um... A judge.

Okay, I'll leave the rest to VoiceOfAlasais.

I read the first few chapters of all the stories, and here is my assessment:

Title: The Moonlight Boy

Graphics: 10/10

Plot/Style/Creativity: 10/10Characters: 10/10Title: Carousel AfflictionGraphics: 9Plot/Style/Creativity: 10Characters: 10Title: The Dragon of KalduurGraphics: 10Plot/Style/Creativity: 9Characters: 9Title: I Bought the DevilGraphics: 10Plot/Style/Creativity: 9Characters: 9Title: CelestiaGraphics: 8Plot/Style/Creativity: 8Characters: 9Title: Ephemeral: A Journey Of SoulsGraphics: 10Plot/Style/Creativity: 10Characters: 10

Also, (She's amazing for this), she wrote a detailed review for the ones that move past round 2 part 1. Here they are:

Carousel Affliction

The cover really fits the urban fantasy story. Slightly blurry font and complicated facial expression of the heroine suggests mystery and romance. Very catchy plot! I liked an unexpected transition from the romantic beginning with a lyrical melody, the boy on the carousel to – Bach! Blood! Guts! The memorable and creepy moment. The text is beautiful and poetic with a lot of verbal metaphors. 'Music so achingly beautiful, that it turned her blood to liquid silver and raised the blonde hair at the nape of her neck. It breathed notes that wreathed around her head and whispered the soft cadence of another language in her ear.' The development of characters promises to be interesting. It is hard to imagine how the young girl could live with these 'creatures' – the workers of the carnival, or perhaps it would be better to say – Bibin's prisoners?

Ephemeral: A Journey Of Souls

The cover is stylish and enigmatic. I really liked the glowing dragonflies. The... strange milky spots in the middle of the picture caught my attention. I stared at it for a long time, but I still can't say for sure what it is. Is it just me, or is there a silhouette of a girl with hands folded behind her back? ;) The title sounds very poetic and intriguing. The blurb really draws me in. The themes of souls, resurrection, life and death is very attractive to me. I liked the idea of the story and surely will continue reading. The main heroine is very sympathetic person – nice, warm and friendly. Despite her super power, she is incredibly believable (a nice touch is that she have newer won the firefly hunt). The scene where the mother combs Everette's hair is so affecting!

The Moonlight Boy

I like how this captivating, mysterious cover connects to the story. The picture on the cover reminds me about Ferry's house on the walnut. The illustrations in the chapters are well chosen, there is an atmospheric teaser at the beginning – great job! The text is really well-written. It's rich in colorful descriptions and metaphors, but a very readable one. It's nice and deserves special respect, because the English is the second language for the author. 'Speaking' names increases the feeling of fabulousness. Separately I want to say thanks for pawky humor! 'How much the gossip companions believed her, we may never know. Especially since anyone knew that Mrs. Nosey was oen suffering from various illnesses from which she would miraculously recover aer a few glasses of brandy.' All characters, including secondary (such as Dr. Goody – a quack and a blabber, Matt who turned out to be a little girl Matilda, etc), are described very vividly. There are many natural, interesting details. I like how the author showed the difference between the characters of Ferry's parents (how different they react to features of their child) – it makes the story quite realistic.

That would be it! Thanks to everyone who participated on round 2, part 1... We wish you the best of luck, and I hope you join the next competition (which will be WAY better organized than this one, I assure you).

Love,

UndiscoveredFantasy

P.S. Sorry, no GIFs this time ;c