03: Reunion

"You came out of nowhere

Stealing my heart and brain

Flaming my every cell

You make me feel myself"

~*~

I hate surprises.

I always have and I most likely always will. Call me controlling but I absolutely hate not knowing things down to the very last detail. This made me quite a nosy person which I'll admit is not one of my more lovable traits but it's just the way I was. So when my sister came barging in my room at a time too early for any normal human to function, on a Sunday nonetheless, and demanded that I get out of my bed so she could take me out for an entire day of shopping but refused to tell me what for, my reluctance was called for. I obviously put up a fight but clearly not a very good one, proven by the fact that I was standing in the, completely showered and dressed waiting for the she-demon who was taking ridiculously long for someone who claimed we had no time for breakfast.

I, just like everyone else in the world, have made some questionable decisions in my life, just like everyone else. Some of them may have been quite big, some absolutely meaningless others just plain stupid. Like the one I made today morning to listen to the nutcase,  whom I call my sister. Her persuasion skills are deadly.

Seeing how I was only told that we were going shopping, I had decided on high waisted shorts along with white tank top and a maroon leather jacket. An outfit that would be relatively easy to slip in and out of which, knowing Cat and I, would need to be done a lot. You see, if there's one of the few things my sister and I have in common, it's our addiction to shopping. In fact we tended to go slightly overboard with all the things we bought, which is why I was almost completely sure that Liam would be coming with us, even if it meant dying of boredom he would do it to keep us in check with all our experience, I'd say we had mastered the art of minimizing our expenditure while still getting the best outfits and a lot of those too. Although this required us to walk way too much but hey, I'm not complaining! It's probably the closest thing to exercise we'll ever willingly take part in.

"Earth to Emma. You there, sis?" Liam asked dangling the car keys in front of my face. "I'll be joining you two because I'm a good brother who wants to spend time with his little sisters," he states innocently as he starts the car.

I rolled my eyes, "How do you look so innocent while blatantly lying to my face?" I question getting into the car as well,

"Being a teacher has its perks," he says as he waves to Mrs. Beverly, our elderly neighbor, "Those little demons get away with all sorts of things just by smiling," he grumbled to himself. I laughed at his misery, even though I know he doesn't really mean

just as Cat made her appearance as well. Even the girl who practically lives in mini skirts and heels had been smart enough to opt for denim cut-offs and a tank top paired with ballet flats while still looking runway ready. I honestly don't know how she does it.

*

*

*

*

*

*

Cathy: Let's buy that dress just so we can burn it. No one should even have to look at that.

Liam: You look like brighter than the sun and not in a good way.

Cathy: That dress definitely makes shows the fat you don't even have."