Prologue

12th of May 2013
Freshman Year

It was the probably the most unexpected time, happening in the most busy time of the year; finals week.

My first year in high school can be describe as one thing only: plain.

I don't really know how to describe it more. It was the typical-year-for-a-freshie. It was unlike from those unrealistic scenes in the movies where freshmen gets bullied and cowers in corners because they're afraid of the big ol' jocks.

It was just a year. Another year passing like a blur.

It is the last week of the school year. Meaning, the whole school is in frenzy.

There were so many students passing hastily on the hallway, the library was packed for students finishing off paper works, and everyone especially the seniors where in the auditorium practicing for their graduation.

That includes my brother.

I would've been happy for school break but this will also be the time that my brother moves out to go to college.

I knew it can never be avoided but in the back of my mind I was hoping it would.

I, myself is currently walking in the hallway at a fast pace with one thing on my mind; go to Mr. Dokl.

Zoe and my other friends were also on their own, venturing the hallways finishing off papers or going to the teachers to pass requirements.

I was the latter.

Kyle and his friend, Louis were descending the stairs when I saw them.

Speak of my brother and he shall appear.

"Hey, little sis." Kyle, my brother and his familiar grin came to view.

I gave him and his friend a smile. "Hey. Why you guys here?"

"Mrs. Lin asked us to go to Mr. Dokl about the programme."

I nodded trying to hide my frown.

"Where you off too?" Louis who had became an acquaintance to me asked.

"I'm off too Mr. Dokl's room too." I raised the papers in my hands, "Have to pass this."

Kyle nodded surveying his surroundings. "The school won't be the same without us."

He was obviously teasing. "Don't remind me about that, Kyle!" I exclaimed in annoyance.

They both laughed at my reaction and I just sighed.

Kyle side-hugged me before saying, "We had to get back to the auditorium, Wens. I'll see you when school ends."

"Okay, bye guys."

We both parted ways and I continued, my pace now faster than ever.

As much as I don't like the idea of Kyle leaving I have to accept it and just go on with my high school life.

I finally arrived and knocked before opening the door in Mr. Dokl's room.

"Good afternoon, sir."

He glanced from his paper to me. "Oh! Hi, Ms. Garret. What brings you here? Your brother was just here a minute ago."