coalesce

coalesce (v.) to unite, grow or come together to form one mass or whole

Laughter. 

Yeri awakes with a jump, her eyes flying open as she sits up abruptly, and the first thing she hears is laughter.

Light, airy laughter. She can almost see the wide smiles and crinkled eyes. 

She takes a moment to bask in the moment, her own heart feeling lighter at the sound.

It sounded like happiness. 

That's weird, she thought, she usually woke up to silence (save for the few obnoxious birds who flocked outside her window).

And then she realizes this is not her apartment. 

She freaks out.

Until she recognizes her coat thrown on the vanity chair. Her phone on the nightstand. 

And then she remembers: 

Joohyun. 

Chanyeol.

Baekhyun. 

Ah, she thought. She spent the night at their home.

And they hadn't poisoned her food, or killed her in her sleep.

That was a good sign.

— 

Yeri quietly opens the bedroom door and stalks across the hall to a door which she assumes to be the bathroom. 

She relieves herself first, and then she moves to wash her face and brush her teeth. 

By habit she reaches to the left for her toothbrush. When her hand comes back empty she realizes this is not her apartment; that she was a guest.

She opts for the mouthwash: better than nothing. 

She looks herself over one more time in the mirror, attempting to tame a few fly aways before stepping out. 

Before she can reach for the door knob, the door opens and Yeri stumbles back, startled. She recovers from the shock quickly, but she finds her mouth falling open a second later. 

She finds herself looking at shocking blonde hair and bronzed skin. Yeri thinks she's looking at a Greek god when she notices the ink spiraled onto his muscular arms. The images wrap around his biceps like a second skin, color dotted here and there. 

She's entranced. 

"Sorry!! I just needed to use the toilet !! I didn't see anythi— wait who are you?" The gorgeous man splutters, his lip piercings catching her eye. His excessive, almost child like, apologies completely tossing his bad boy image into the trash.

"It's okay, I should've locked the door,"  she finds herself smiling at the male, "my name is Yeri."

"Nice to meet you but I like, really need to, you know, so can you like—"

"O-oh yeah, of course !!" she hastily rushes past the male and escapes to the hallway.

After her encounter with the blonde, she carefully pads down the stairs, but she's painfully aware of her loud footsteps.

When she arrives at the landing, she's greeted with a sight she isn't used to.

The home's long dining table was occupied by a handful of people (young, good looking people, she might add) laughing and chattering over their breakfast. She could see a pretty girl bustling about the kitchen, a Wonder Woman apron tied around her waist as she made another batch of what looked like pancakes.