My Dad Always Said I was Special

About a half hour into the car ride I had started to see large shadows passing over the car. I craned my neck to see what was above us thinking it might be a large bird, and instead saw a much less attractive creature. Another monster, yippee! "Want to know something else you can't see dad?" I frightfully asked.
"I probably don't from what I've heard but sure, why not?"
     "What do you see flying around above out car?" Both boys looked out the windows closed to them. Marco swore in Ancient Greek and my dad said that he saw a hawk.
     "You wish it was a hawk." muttered Marco. "For once I would like to find a demigod and take them to camp without having to fight off a billion monsters first!"
"So...what's the plan?" I asked clueless. I was still new to this whole demigod thing after all.
"Well first priority," replied Marco, "is to make sure we don't die."
"Oh really." I said rolling my eyes. "I thought that would come second after having a nice cup of coffee."
"Haha very funny, but we should probably find a place to park." We drove, well he drove, about another half mile with the not-hawk getting closer and closer to the car before we parked in a grassy clearing at the side of the road. We got out quickly and drew our weapons. A girl with a sword she barely knew how to use, a mortal with a softball bat, and a goat boy with some reed pipes. The monster must be terrified. Marco took one look at the monster and swore again in Ancient Greek again. I guess swearing in English isn't good enough for him. "Do you have any idea who your parent might be?" Marco asked.
"No, and I think I would have told you if I did. What does that have to do with fighting this beast with wings?"
"It doesn't", Marco said, but that "beast with wings" my friend, is a Kindly One; one of Hades' personal torture monsters."
"MY DAUGHTER IS BEING HUNTED BY A TORTURE MONSTER?!?!?" My dad screamed, which definitely caught the Kindly One's attention.
"To be honest Mr. Rosewood, all monsters minor or major would love to kill your daughter. This one is just especially bad. The last time a Kindly One hunted down a demigod was when Percy Jackson came to camp. So you must be important some how." Marco told me.
"I don't know how to feel about that," I replied. I didn't mind being important, but if I meant bigger badder monsters, then I minded a little. "Who's Percy Jackson?" I asked.
"Only one of the most famous demigods of all time! He's probably going to go down in history like Hercules or Achilles or Perseus his namesake." Marco explained excitedly.
"Well I barely know anything about those guys, but he does sound important."
"He is."
    "Am I going to be as important as him one day since we're being chased by the same monster?" I asked tentatively.
"We'll see won't we." Marco replied. "You need to survive first."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for not updating in forever! The next chapter won't be for awhile also because all the others were mostly written for the past few months and I haven't started the next one at all! Wish me luck! Teach me stuff! And as always, comment, vote, etc.
-R