Meanwhile On Mt. Olympus...

"You filthy hypocrite!" Hera shouted at Zeus. "You're blaming me for going against our oath when you've done it thousands of times!"
"Keep in mind" Hermes said "that some of us wouldn't be here if he hadn't."
"Ya!" defended Apollo "Who would come up with daily haikus if I wasn't here?"
"Hopefully no one. Your haikus are awful brother" said Artemis.
"You don't even hear most of them since you don't have to live with him." Aphrodite complained while, quite gorgeously and sassily, rolling her eyes.
"That might have hurt if I wasn't such a self-confident individual." Apollo said dramatically placing his hand over his heart.
"More like self-absorbed." muttered Artemis.
"Ahem!" Hera said clearing her throat. "Can we get back the situation at hand?"
"What's there to talk about? Zeus is mad at you for breaking your oath. You say he has no right because he's done it thousands of times. None of us care because it doesn't concern us. And frankly, we're all tired of hearing you argue!" said Athena. "You had this argument 13 years ago when she was born and decided to spare her innocent life. She still hasn't done anything wrong, none of the children made from broken oaths have, so why do we have to talk about this?"
"I didn't break the oath." reminded Hades, immediately realizing that he shouldn't have spoken. And that he had lied.
"And you!" Hera turned on him, eyes now starting to glow with rage. "You sent a Fury to kill her!"
"Only because Zeus told me too! He threatened to hurt Cerberus if I didn't, and I love my little death doggie!"
"WHAT!"
"Now honey, it's not like Emma died or..."
"Don't you call me honey! And it doesn't matter whether or not she died! It's that you tried to kill her in the first place!"
"You really don't have a good argument here Lord Zeus. I suggest that you give up now and refocus your efforts on trying save yourself from a horrible punishment."
"Thank you for the advice Athena, but I would prefer to work this out and take my chances on punishment."
"Suit yourself."
"Hera," said Zeus calmly and soothingly "I believe I have the right to at least attempt to kill your daughter considering the fact that you have killed so many of my wives and children."
"Fine. Let's compromise. If she can make it to Camp Half-Blood safely, then I will claim her as my daughter and you will be forbidden from harming her or telling anyone else to harm her. But, you are allowed to do whatever you want to stop her from getting there. Agreed?"
"Agreed" Zeus smiled evilly thinking of all the ways he could kill this puny child. 'I can zap her with a lightning bolt, send a horde of horseflies, OH I can give her a really bad paper cut that constantly feals like lemon juice is being poured on it!' No that would be too cruel, Zeus thought, but oh the possibilities...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well that didn't take too long did it? I was planning on listing Zeus's past wives, but I was too lazy make that extremely long list. Anyway, Zeus's ideas to stop her totally aren't various punishments i've thought of for the people on my hit list, and I totally don't have a hit list. Signing off!
-R