she cried rape.

A stranger in the dark.

A quiet girl walks home at night.

Footsteps are heard from somewhere behind.

The heaving breathing that follows her, sends chills up and down her back.

As she picks up the pace a hand wraps around her neck.

And a strangled cry is heard through out a darkened alley.

Screams emanate from her lungs until the air they once held disappears.

Her last breathe is a puff in the cold moonless night.

A stranger in the dark.

Walked away with yet another victim .

Her innocence stolen.

Her life taken.

The only trace left of her was her limp and lifeless body left behind.

That was the only proof that there's a stranger in the dark, who snatches young souls.

That was the last time the girl had to suffer.

For each night coming home from the babysitter's house, she is met with the stranger.

Who hurts her.

Who slowly dimmed her life away.

She tried to tell, begged for people to listen, pleaded to her teachers, and cried at the feet of her mother.

But no one believed her.

Because the person she claimed to be her torturer, was the only one who no one would think twice about.

They never thought that her stepfather would do such a thing, it was always her word against his.

Because who would believe a twelve-year-old year who cried rape?