Chapter 39

(Sorry for the slow updating! I've been really swamped with getting ready for college and doing scholarships :/ I hope the long chapter makes up for it!)

Something That We're Not – Demi Lovato

You Make Me Feel... - Cobra Starship

In the Dark (feat. Flo Rida) – Dev

Alive – One Direction

If I Lose Myself – One Republic

__________

The house is dark, silence is overwhelming, to my surprise the masses of people have managed to be quiet for a few minutes. Everyone sits in silence as we hear Niall talking – nearing the front door. I haven't seen Zayn since we left his room and I'm worried.

Possibilities of who Erica is, is racing through my mind. Was she the girl in the drawings? Could she be one of Zayn's old 'relationships'? The name obviously got to him. Why did it always seem when Zayn and I were in the middle of something Charles had to interrupt?

I am slightly thankful for his interruptions because if it weren't for him I don't think I could stop myself or Zayn from doing everything and anything. But still, his timing couldn't seem to get any worse.

I hear the door open and Niall speak,

"That's weird, why are the lights off?" He asks as he steps into the quiet house.

"Can we please hurry?" Sarah's light and slightly annoyed voice speaks. Suddenly the lights turn on and everyone jumps up yelling surprise. Everyone cheers as Sarah's mouth drops and her eyes open.

I laugh the hardest I ever have at Sarah. She's legitimately immobile. She stands staring at the mass of people who quickly disperse and music begins to play. I run my hand through my hair as I approach Sarah. Niall is laughing like me too – he probably never thought he'd see her like this, completely frozen and speechless.

"Surprise!" I cheer throwing some confetti at her. She turns to me with a smile.

"You knew? This is where you ran off to?" She demands, resting her hands on her hips as she tries to give me an angered look but miserably fails.

"Don't blame me, this planning was actually all Niall." I smile at Niall who smiles at Sarah and I.

"You didn't!" She smiles at Niall, I can see her affection for him growing by the second.

"I did." He smiles, Sarah embraces him for a quick kiss and turns to me. Sarah still beaming at the planning of her sincere boyfriend.

"You little sneaky minx, you fooled me!" She laughs holding onto Niall. I laugh at her name calling when I feel a light hand on my waist.

"Who's a sneaky minx now?" I hear his warm voice next to me. Sarah gives me quick look before smiling at the two of us.

"No one." She smiles over at Niall. "Where are the drinks? I'm dying!" She laughs.

"Zayn and I can get you lovely ladies drinks, we'll meet out on the balcony?" Our spot seemed to be the balcony, which I didn't mind, it had a lovely view of the backyard. Sarah nods as Zayn leaves me side letting me feel empty without him.

"Come on!" She laughs taking my arm and dragging me through the house to the balcony. Getting to the balcony it is scattered with a few people but not too many. Sarah's eyes widen at the decorations that I have completely forgotten about.

Next to the pool is a dance floor set up, filled with people dancing to the decently loud music. On the yard there are a few tables set up with decorations – nothing like her birthday party her parents threw but it's decent for a fraternity.