Chapter 77

Our July In the Rain (Stripped) – He Is We

____________

The moment I accepted the undeniable fact that I loved Zayn everything seemed to click into place. The week flows by; Zayn and I are by all means – a perfect couple.

Without questions, without digging, ignoring anything a little mysterious, things flowed. We were a functioning couple – for the most part. Psychology was still slightly awkward with the past lecture from Mr. Collins but other than that things were going quite well.

Lindsay's brother flew in today, exactly a week from Thanksgiving. She is so excited, in class all she can do was smile and talk about how excited she was to see him.

I guess it's been a while – he didn't come home much because of the whole situation with their parents. I still admire that attribute about Lindsay, how she can be so happy and strong with all the family matters in her life.

"So want to come out to dinner tonight with us?" She smiles over at us. I shrug and nod,

"Sure why not." I smile at her. "Would you mind if Zayn comes?" Lindsay smiles even wider and nods with energy.

"Of course! I love that you two are so happy together. I mean you're actually here for once – mentally and emotionally." She laughs. It was nice to be mentally and emotionally stable for the most part.

I try my best to forget the phone call and the curiosity that is constantly in the back of my mind. It is for the best, promising Louis I'd drop it really helped me focus on not digging into Zayn's business.

"Great, well text me where you guys are eating and we'll meet you there." Lindsay and I exchange a few more words before class ends. Her upbeat energy just made me smile more.

"Bye Jules." She waves to me as we leave the classroom. "See you tonight!" She sings while backing away. I gasp as an arm winds around my waist and lips connect with my neck.

"You're seeing her tonight?" His perfectly sculpted lips mumble against my skin. I twist around in his arms and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Yes, we are." I emphasize the 'we' and Zayn gives me a 'what did you do this time?' look with a charming smirk. "Her brother is in town and she wants me to meet him so I figured... You might want to come too." I explain with a shrug of my shoulders.

Zayn's hands travel down my sides to rest on my waist, my body warming from his touch. After dating him for about two months he still made my knees weak. He looks down at his hand for a moment before returning to look in my eyes.

"An older guy having dinner with you? Hell yeah I'm coming." I smile at his jealousy, not able to contain my laughter as he leans in and gives me a gently but quick kiss on the lips.

Zayn takes my hand, our fingers intertwining and fitting together perfectly. Of course whenever Zayn and I have PDA we earn looks from passing people but little by little the amounts of eyes on us lessened.

Walking through the cold air of November we decide to go back to his apartment. I figure that I won't need to change my school clothes for dinner tonight. I don't think they'd choose anywhere to nice seeing as he just got into town.

Getting to his apartment we choose to watch some TV to pass the time until Lindsay and her brother are ready for dinner. Sitting down on the couch Zayn pulls my legs onto his lap, drumming on them lightly as I flip through the channels.

Zayn hasn't had any anger or temper problems at all lately. It's been nice but also slightly stressful, either he was never angry anymore or he was getting his anger out in a different way.