Chapter 62

(A/N: I got some comments saying this book is taking too long – for those of you thinking that I'm sorry the most I can do is start writing shorter chapters and post more frequently (hopefully) so it doesn't seem so long. I have plans – like what I want to happen - for most of the chapter/parts so I can't just cut half of them out to give you an ending. Well I could but then the story would be awful. So enjoy the chapter dolls.)

Just Give Me A Reason – P!nk

Terrible Love - Birdy

Ships In the Night – Matt Kearney

Towers – Little Mix

____________

It's quiet as we drive through the dark streets of Boulder. The downfall of rain has increased; the light drops now heavier and making more noise against the windows of the truck.

"He's going to be alright Jules." Louis consoles me in a light voice. I turn my eyes from the window and watch Louis who focuses on driving. I don't answer, I'm not sure what to think. I was so angry with Zayn but right now my emotions were more enveloped in the thought of him being hurt.

The truck slows down and I stare out the window at the building. There's a lit up sign that reads Jo's Bar. Outside the parking lot is filled with cars, people outside drunk – laughing, not even noticing the rain.

"This is it?" I stare at the bar that we arrive at. Taking in the dark bricks that build the decent sized building. Louis parks the car on the side of the road and turns off the car – the sound of rain filling up the truck. "Is he even legal to drink?" I ask quietly, imagining what could possibly be going on inside.

No doubt Zayn was drunk, no doubt he was in at least one fight – what I can gather from the phone call that is. What else was going on inside though?

"Does it matter?" Louis laughs quietly. "Would you say no if Zayn went to a bar and asked you for a drink?" I turn to Louis who smiles at me. He's doing his best to keep the mood light and keep the stress away.

After calling Louis it took him only ten minutes to get to Zayn's apartment. I gave him a short hand version of what had happened and the phone call. Louis, within minutes, knew where to find Zayn. Thank goodness someone knew him well enough to know where he goes at night.

"Are you sure he's here?" I ask worriedly. What if by chance Zayn decided to go to another bar or got into a fight with the guy that interrupted the phone call and left?

"Positive. You stay in here." Louis commands as he opens his door, the sound of rain becoming more audible.

"No." I shake my head, opening my door.

"Jules-" He begins to protest but I get out of the car, the rain hitting my skin, wetting my hair and beginning to drench my clothes. "Get back in the truck Jules, you don't want to go in there." Louis says over the rain, walking towards me.

"I'm going with you." I state firmly. "It can't be worse than a party." I shrug. "They are all adults in there. I just want to find Zayn." I explain. Louis glances at the bar and then me, finally giving a nod.

"Alright, stay by me." He states. I nod and follow him into the bar. Once the door is shut – you would never have guessed it was raining outside.

The music is loud, mixing in with the overlapping of voices and drunken cheers. The place reeked of booze and smoke, I scan the dimly lit room, pool tables set up in the corner, tables and booths placed all over, and then the bar – packed full of people. Two bartenders attempt to keep up with the orders of their inebriated customers.