Chapter 70

(Some of you were asking about Sarah's dress! I put a picture to the side!)

All You Wanted – Michelle Branch

Vanilla Twilight – Owl City

___________

The next morning I roll over in bed checking my phone, I haven't heard from Zayn still. I haven't tried texting or calling him though. I just needed time to sort through things and I did, I was done being so curious. My obsession with his secrets was becoming very unhealthy.

Matt was right though, I care a lot about Zayn and eventually – I hope he'll open up to me. I hope he opens up to me before my old self comes back, the nosy self. I'm not sure if or how long she'll stay at bay, it's only been a day and I'm feeling strange. I'm forcing myself not to think about Zayn too much because if I do I start getting curious about his secrets and past.

Getting ready for class I know Zayn will be there. We didn't have a fight – well we did but it wasn't that bad. I'm just being paranoid. I slip on a long sleeve burgundy shirt, slipping on dark jeans and boots. I grab a gray jacket, slipping it on before grabbing my things and leaving Sarah asleep in the dorm.

The campus is dark – gray clouds cover the sky today. The wind picks up; random gusts that make my entire body shiver – gaining goose bumps over my skin. I rush to class, anything to get out of the frigid morning weather.

When I walk into class I find Zayn sitting at his desk. I can tell he's lost a few hours of sleep – though he still manages to look more attractive than I could ever manage. I sit down at the desk next to him and smile,

"Hi." From my greeting I see his eyes widen and lighten, he sits up more attentive to his surroundings. I know he was in the same thought I was in – not knowing where we stood. After the restraining order and time to process things we both may have over processed the situation.

"Hey." His mood instantly seems better and I understand why. He was expecting me to still be angry, still be distant and upset about what had happened the other day at his apartment.

I wasn't going to tell him I was done digging into his business. I intend on showing him, actions speak louder than words – always, well not always, not in Zayn's case. Sometimes his words spoke louder than his actions.

Other students begin filing it, the classroom quiet and more sullen than usual. Most likely due to the cloudy weather outside – dimming everyone's energy a bit.

"How are you doing?" I ask quietly, watching him from the corner of my eye. He shifts in his seat and shrugs,

"I'm alright." He nods. I wonder if he looked tired because he was thinking about us, if he was just tired, or maybe I was just imagining his sleepiness. "How are you?" The conversation is stiff and strange – not yet awkward but nearing there. I know he expected me to be angry or filled with questions.

"Great. Sarah and I went shopping yesterday." I state calmly. I think about telling him I bought a dress but I doubt he would care. After more silence filled with the shuffling of students walking into class he opens his mouth to speak.

"Listen Juliet I-" He starts.

"Good morning class!" Mr. Collins speaks loudly as he enters the classroom. I have a feeling Zayn was about to explain what happened Saturday – or lie, either way I was thankful for Mr. Collins interruption. The moment Zayn lies or tells me the truth I know I won't be able to keep my curiosity to myself.

Mr. Collins eyes linger on Zayn and I for a moment in a way that gives me a bad feeling. He turns his attention to the chalkboard. He picks up a piece of chalk and begins writing a symptom across the board.