Chapter 6

An hour later, the group arrived at the museum. But once they reached the door, they saw a security guard inside sitting near the spinning wheel Maleficent once used.

"How do we get past him?" Evie asked. Mal pulled out her spell book, and flipped through the pages.

"I've got this guys," she said. "Just wait." She then started to recite a spell, but nothing happened.

"Uh dearie, what exactly are we waiting for?" Ruby asked.

"Well, I was trying to make him prick his finger on the spindle of that spinning wheel, so he'd fall into a deep sleep," Mal said.

"Not to state the obvious, but it didn't work,"Carlos said. Mal shot him an evil glare.

"Mal, why don't you let me handle this," Ruby said. She waved her hand in the air and snapped her fingers, and the security guard fell onto the floor asleep.

"Nice one, Ruby," Jay said. "You're getting better at this magic stuff."

"Thanks," Ruby said. "And I think I can help us out even more." She waved her hand in the air again and transported everyone to the entrance of the room holding the wand.

"Whoa, you transported us!" Carlos exclaimed.

"Yeah I just thought of where I wanted to go and I brought us here," Ruby said. "It was actually pretty easy."

"Come on, let's go get the wand," Mal said as she walked into the room.

Ruby started to follow Mal, but stopped when she noticed a sign pointing to another entrance that said The Dark One Exhibit. She entered the doorway and saw a giant statue of here father standing in the middle of the room. Ruby walked closer to the statue and noticed not a single flaw.

"Well dad, looks like they really do you justice here," she said to herself. She looked around at all the pictures of her father on the walls, one of which was him stealing a baby away from it's mother. She then saw a warning on the wall that said, "Never utter the Dark One's name three times suite, or he will return to our land with no known defeat."

Then, Ruby saw her father's dagger beneath a magical force field. She admired it for some time until her concentration was broken by an alarm going off. She ran from the room, and found the others near the wand.

"What happened?" Ruby asked as she ran in.

"Jay touched the force field!," Mal yelled over the sound of the alarm.

"Are you crazy?! That's a magical force field," Ruby yelled at Jay. "Not even dark magic can penetrate that!"

"Well, I know that now!" Jay said.

"We need to get out of here," Carlos said.

"I'll transport us out," Ruby said as she raised her hand.

"Wait!" Carlos said. "You guys go. I'll meet you out there."

"What? Why?" Mal asked.

"I need to do something," Carlos said. "Just go." With that Ruby waved her hand and everyone disappeared leaving Carlos behind.

Once outside the other's waited in the bushes for Carlos.

"What is taking him so long?" Jay asked concerned.

"If he's not out here soon I'm going back in for him," Ruby said. Then the alarm stopped.

"Oh no," Evie said. "They must have caught Carlos. Now our parent's plan is ruined, and we'll never get the wand."

"Just relax," Mal said. "Carlos can take care of himself." They then saw Carlos run out the door.

"Calos, where were you?" Mal asked.

"Oh I was just deactivating the alarm," Carlos said.

"Uh, come on, let's get out of here," Mal said. The other's chased after Mal as she ran away except for Carlos.

"You're welcome," he said. He then followed Mal and the others back to Auradon to get ready for their first day of school.