character 11

Later that night when the other students were in their rooms, the villains snuck down to the kitchen to make their love spell.

"Alright, we have everything we need here," Mal said as she stired the batter in a bowl. "We just need one tear, and I don't cry."

"Let's just chop up some of these onions," Carlos suggested.

"No, it says we need one tear of human sadness," Mal replied.

"Does it matter?" Jay said frustratedly. "A tear's a tear."

"That's not true Jay," Evie responded. "They both have the same chemical makeup, but an emotional tear has more protons than a reflex tear." Everyone stared at her surprised.

"Dearie, that might be the smartest thing I've heard you say," Ruby responded. The others laughed along with Gail.

Suddenly the door to the kitchen opened, and Lonny walked in.

"There you are Mal," Lonny said as she walked towards them. Ruby waved her hand in the air and transported Mal's book into her hand so Lonny wouldn't see it. "All the girls want you to do their hair." She looked down at the bowl Mal was stiring. Ruby walked around the edge of the counter and started to approach Lonny.

"How 'bout we make a little deal?" Ruby asked.

"A deal?" Lonny asked confused.

"Yes," Ruby replied as she stopped next to her and leaned against the outside edge of the metal counter. "All magic comes with a price. Mal will give all the girls hair makeovers, if, you can tell us a sad, heartbreaking story that makes one of us cry." The villains looked at each other and smiled smugly.

"But why would you want to hear a sad story?" Lonney asked.

"Well, they're the only stories we tell on the eile," Carlos said fakly depressed. "We never heard stories of happily ever afters." Lonny looked at them all with a sad expression.

"That's so sad," Lonny replied. "Your mother's never told you a happily ever after story to make you feel better?"

"Dearie, some of us don't have mothers," Ruby replied. "And some of us don't have fathers." Lonny looked at them all socked.

"What!?" Lonny exclaimed. "B-But everyone here has happily married parents." Tears started to well up in her eyes. "I couldn't imagine what it would be like if my parents were not together. They fight a lot because my mother is very independent and strong-willed, but they would never leave each other. Even though they're very different they always love each other." Then a tear started to roll down her cheek. Mal quickly reached across the counter, wiped her tear away, and flicked it into the bowl she was stirring.

"Alright, Mal will do the other girl's hair tomorrow," Ruby said as she started to push Lonny to the door.

"But, I didn't tell you a sad story," Lonny said as she turned around to face them.

"Oh you did," Jay said with a fake sniffle. "And it broke my heart. Jay put his face in his hands and pretended to cry very loudly.

"Alright, good night Lonny!" Ruby said enthusiastically as she pushed Lonny out the door.

"Whew, I am a pure genius," Ruby said as she walked back over to her spot behind the counter.

"You're pure evil," Mal replied. "Now, let's get these things in the oven so we can catch ourselves a prince."