Chapter 10: The Solitary Woman in Blue

"My name is Mikazuki Munechika." The Sanjou sword started as he watched the other glance over to him. "And your name is?"

The other person sat not too far from him, but upon turning around to meet Mikazuki's eyes. Mikazuki couldn't believe what he saw. He knew that the person beside him was a spirit. At first he thought it was a sword spirit that had wandered over to the Citadel like he did, only to realize that it was no sword. Rather a woman with long blue hair that reached her waist and green eyes watched him in silence. In contrast to a kimono, the woman wore a sleeveless halter dress adorning a blue ribbon on her neck. Armor fashioned out of iron covered her chest and arms leaving a white skirt that reached to her knees, covering her boots. There was a sword sheathed at her side, but the woman didn't bother to take hold of it's hilt after learning that there was no danger emitting from Mikazuki.

 There was a sword sheathed at her side, but the woman didn't bother to take hold of it's hilt after learning that there was no danger emitting from Mikazuki

Mikazuki wondered who this woman was, and hoped she'd answer. However she never replied back, he was puzzled unsure if the woman was able to comprehend his words. Unable to get a single word out of her, Mikazuki resumed his moon-watching. The woman did the same, but only uttered words of which Mikazuki could not understand. Once the sun was about to rise, the woman stood up from her spot evaporating away as the sun's rays hit her body. Mikazuki felt something tug within him after seeing the mysterious woman, a sense of familiarity.

"...Her expression resembled Saniwa-sama's." Mikazuki said to himself before leaving the Citadel all together.

???'s POV

Every time I open my eyes, I'd find myself in entirely different place. It would always at night, but...I didn't mind it.

This time, I found myself sitting on a wooden floor staring at the scenery before me. An area that seemed completely different than a regular village.

'I don't even know if this place can be called a village.' I glanced up to find a tree from the distance. My eyes widened in surprise upon seeing it. 'A pink tree...'

I've never seen a tree that pink before. If she was here, I think she would've been really happy. Before I could even manage a smile, a voice spoke out to me. Turning over to the source, I found myself staring at a man. He had blue hair just like mine, except it was a darker color. His eyes were unique, it was as if I saw the image of crescent moons. His clothes were different, as if he wore a bundle of decorative sheets or clothing material on himself and was fashioned into some kind of clothing. I wasn't even sure of how he was able to move in those clothes. 'He even has something on his hair.' I thought only women or girls could wear something on their hair. Like a flower crown.

 Like a flower crown