A Fateful Night

"And then the boss said that it was my fault that we lost the client."

My eyes observed the enraged blonde's grip tightening around his glass of coke, while he muttered a string of incoherent profanities.

The waitress, by her nature kept on passing by my table, but today rather wearing a shocked look on her faces, as she glanced at my friend each minute. Her color was changing, the rainbow of colors was slowly merging together, I was seeing it. Every week. Everyday. Every moment as she matured.

How the little lilac in her spreaded, vanishing other shades near it, the large amount of white around her slowly turned into little snowflake fleeing across her feature. How soon the colors collided and the shade of mauve surrounded her.

Yes.

That was her color. She was certainly the one to make the best choices.

How fitting they were...

They.

They, as I watched the mauve attracting the aqua before me. Their strands connect. And when they do the color.....

"I am gonna change my branch again!"

My trails of thoughts broke, and I again focused on the blonde. A crack ran down the glass.

"No way in hell am i going to keep on working under him!"

"No way in hell am I paying for that," my eyes straight locked into his. He blinked a few times before looking down at the crack. And then started the panic talkings. I exhaled a long sigh and looked away from him. Mind wandering on its own.

He was again late.

The time ticked down, and soon the cafe was well-high vacant. Ken yawned a few times, rubbing the daylights out of his eyes. He looked cute when he did that. Cute. Adorable.

"I'll take my leave now," he said grabbing his blazer in his hand, other hand still rubbing one of his eyes.

"Meet you at home," he offered me a tited smile which I nodded to in acknowledgement.

After that, I ordered two new variety of cakes, just to keep myself away from boredom. And it was already 9:00pm, the closing time of this cafe. No way I could keep on sitting there now, could I?

The coldness of autumn night greeted me, as I took my first step out of the cafe. Turning right, I saw a certain car parking a few steps away from the cafe, at the time when the cafe was getting closed.

A certain car it is .

And the person getting out of the car was also most accurately certain as well. He got out in a rush, but his pace slowed as he reached close to me. My cautious eyes gave away my question, which he returned with an apologetic bow.

"It certainly is the very time when you feel to meet me....isn't it...Jung-sshi?" My voice filled with amusement caught his eyes that filled with guilt. The coldness brushed both of us, while he flashed me something that could well considered to be a smile.

"What was it today?" I asked imploringly, feigning a look of not-being-interested. My pace slowly matching his, eyes amusingly fraining the difference in our shadow.

" Sophie.."

I nodded. It wasn't as if the first time he did that in this past three weeks, neither for the first time was Sophie the reason. It never bothered me. But there was one question that kept bugging me, and I just somehow let it out.

"Why don't you call me that you'd be late?"

He paused. Waiting for a while he again started taking steps, pace a little faster than before.