Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Claire's POV

He's nearby. I can feel his eyes, staring at me.

I looked around, and immediately, my eyes met his. My heart raced. Beating foolishly. He always had that effect on me. Making me weak.

I walked faster clasping my books tightly in my arms. "Claire." I heard him call out, but I ignored him.

I was avoiding Zion. Whenever I saw him approaching me, I would turn to the other side of the hall and evaded him. He was upset that I stood him up yesterday. I didn't want any confrontation with him. It was better to avoid him.

So that was the reason he'd play Romeo. He was catching up with his failing grade in the English subject. He was a smart guy—one thing that made me admire him. I wondered what just happened.

And now... I don't understand him. He was not taking the chance Miss Robinson gave him seriously. He blew it. Well, served him right. He even ditched me three times.

***

During break time, I was in the library between wide bookshelves, looking for books to borrow for my Science assignment, when Zion suddenly appeared behind me.

"Claire."

Although he said it in a whisper, I jolted at the sound of his voice. The book I was holding fell on the floor, creating a loud sound.

"Shhh..." The librarian glared at us.

Zion picked the book up and handed it to me. I mouthed the word "Sorry" to the librarian and returned the book to the bookshelf.

I walked to the end of the rows of bookshelves, and Zion followed me in haste that when I turned around to face him, we collided. But he was quick in stepping away from me.

But I already felt the current. The mere touch of him, the smell of his cologne, and the feel of his warm breath made me feel electrified. Just a sweep of his deep brown eyes created havoc to my system, turning me to liquid. I felt like I was hauled up to the sky... to the universe... and heaven.

Oh! I hated myself for being so weak. For having a stupid crazy heart.

"You stood me up yesterday." He said.

"I told you I wasn't sure." I turned my attention back to the books and continued looking for the book I wanted to borrow. But he wouldn't leave me alone, he still followed me.

"I'll see you later. Make sure to be there." He said firmly like ordering his servant.

I ignored him. I took a book and opened it, scanning the contents.

"Claire." He was looming at me, cornering me between two bookshelves. My back touched the wall when I moved a step backward. One of his hand immediately rested on the wall above my head.

"I can't. I have a lot of things to do."

"What things?" He frowned.

"School stuff... household chores."

"You're only making excuses. Why did you ditch me yesterday?" He said accusingly. His cold eyes sniped at me.

"Why did you ditch me last week? Not once, not twice, but three times. You're not even sorry." I countered icily.

I saw his expression darken with anger. Then he chuckled nastily. "What do you want me to do? Say sorry and get down on my knees and beg?"

Oh! The arrogance.