Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Zion's POV

"Hi Zion."

I came to an abrupt stop when I heard a very familiar voice. I turned around and saw Maddie, holding a clear plastic box of cookies.

"I made this for you." She extended her hand to give me the box. But I did not take it. She knew I loved cookies. She made it as a peace offering.

It was easy to forgive, but to forget... it was hard. The thought of her and Cameron kissing at the boy's toilet was still so vivid in my mind.

"No, thanks. I'm not hungry." I said and continued walking in the hall heading to my next class.

"You can eat this later at home." She insisted and walked beside me.

"I said no. Give it to your boyfriend." I said, walking fast so she couldn't catch up.

"You're my boyfriend. It's only you, Zion. I told you I lost in a bet. Kissing him was the consequence." She was half running, following me.

"It didn't look like a consequence to me."

"Why won't you believe me? I love you. I still do."

"We're over, Maddie. Just accept it."

"I miss you... Don't you miss me?" Her voice was fragile and shaking.

I stopped and stared at her. Then said. "No."

***

"Miss Lim won't be here." Izzy said when I arrived in the classroom.

"That's good news. I can sleep for an hour." I sat down beside him. He was so engrossed writing something. "Do you have an assignment?"

"No. I'm writing a letter for Claire." Izzy answered.

Not again.

"I think I have a chance with Claire now." Izzy continued.

That surprised me.

"Why'd you say so?" I asked him.

"I can feel it, bro. The way she looks at me." He said eagerly. His eyes brightened. "She's concerned when I told her I had a stomachache last night."

"Really? I'm happy for you, bro." I leaned back on my chair and closed my eyes. Too many things running in my mind.

"Bro, can you help me with my letter for Claire? How do you say that she's pretty, and I like her a lot. I find it hard to put my feelings into words." Izzy said.

I continued to close my eyes, thinking. "Tell her that she's so beautiful, and you can't stop thinking about her..."

"Okay... okay..." Izzy said.

"In the morning, when I wake up, you're the first thing that comes to mind and the last when I sleep at night.

"Then?"

"I love your eyes. Every time you look at me, my heart races rapidly... And when you smile...you leave me breathless. I just want to be with you all the time..."

"Wait...wait. I can't catch up. Slow down." Izzy complained.

We were interrupted when Harry arrived.

"Hey, bros. What's up? Let's go to the library and sleep there." Harry put the plastic box of cookies on my desk. "Maddie said this is for you."

I let out a frustrated groan. Maddie wouldn't give up.

icon lock

Show your support for Neilani Alejandrino, and continue reading this story

by Neilani Alejandrino
@sweetdreamer33
As Claire aims to leave her oppressive stepfamily behind, she befrien...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 109 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @sweetdreamer33.