Chapter Two

I looked out of the windows of the back seat and watch as we drove down the highway. The sun started to set on the horizon.

Fergal: Eve, what happened to your finger?

Me: I gotta paper-cut, but it's all better now.

I showed him my band-aid wrapped index finger then hid my hands in my coat sleeves. I sighed softly. My eyes began to get heavy and I started nodding off, I soon gave in and fell asleep.

Fergal's P.O.V

I glance in the rear view mirror to see Eve asleep in her car seat. I chuckled to myself as she moved around in her spot. I arrived at my house, and pulled into the driveway, turned the car off and took the keys from the ignition and put them in my pocket. I took out my phone and quickly to a picture of Eve sleeping. I put my phone back into my pocket and got out of the front seat, shut the door and opened the door to the back. I unbuckled eve from her car seat and held her in my right arm, while I grabbed our bags with my left hand. I closed the car door. I walked up the small steps and unlokcked my door. I softly laid Eve down on the couch and removed her shoes and jacket. I pulled a cover over her sleeping form then went into the kitchen to start on dinner.

Eve's P.O.V

I groaned turning onto my belly  and tried to go back to sleep. Clanking of plates and glass could be heard. My eyes cracked open to a medium sized living room. It had a big flat screen tv above a fire place, there was a big fuzzy rug spread across the floor. I found myself on a large gray couch with a little blanket over me. I grunted and slid off the couch carefully trying to land on my feet. I rubbed me eyes with my fists and wobbled over to the kitchen. I grumbled making a pouty face. Fergal had set down two plates and two forks, one for me and one for him. Fergal turned to see me pouting and rubbing my eyes. He placed me in my chair and he got two glasses out from one of the cabinets above the long counter top and filled them with lemonade. He set the glass down beside my plate. I looked down at the white plate in front of me. It had fries and half of a grilled cheese sandwich. I eyed it then glanced up at him. He was half way through his sandwich. I shrugged my shoulders and began to eat. I finished my sandwich, and worked on my fries. I started to nod off as my eyes grew heavy again. I gave in shortly after.

~Dream~

I was walking down the stairs of the orphanage. Lighting crackled and thunder roared, rain pounded on the windows and the roof. I reached the bottom of the stairs and peered down the long empty hallway, Shadows wrapped around the walls, laughing and giggling as if to mock me. Smoke started to rise clouding the hardwood floor. In the distance there was a black figure crawling its way towards me its laughing getting louder and closer to my ears. It lunged for me.

~End of Dream~

I woke with a start, Tears stained my flustered red cheeks. I scrambled out of the giant bed I was in and ran for the door.

Me: Mr. Fergal! Mr. Fergal!!!

I screamed, letting more tears run down my red face. I tripped over my own feet and fell causing a thud on the hard wood floor. Fergal heard my cries and ran out of the room that he was in. He rushed over to me and scooped me up in his toned arms. I leached around his neck, burying my face into the crook of his neck. His fingers combed through my brown redish amber hair.

Fergal: Shh love, everything's alright. It was just a bad
dream.

He bounced me up and down in his arms lightly. My screams of terror stop, only my studdered breathing could be heard. I laid my head down on his shoulder. He walked into the kitchen and sat me down on the edge of the counter beside the sink. He grabbed a wash rag, soaked it in warm water, then started to wash my tear stained cheeks.

Fergal: Hey quess where we are going to go tomorrow, love.

Me: Where?

Fergal: We are going to Ireland!

I gasped out of excitement.

Fergal's P.O.V

I watched Eve's face brighten with joy. She looked up at me with bright blue eyes, and big smile tugged at her lips.

Eve: Will i get to see dragons and fairies and leprechauns with pots of gold.

Me: Maybe if your good, but we are going to meet your new grandma and grandpa

Eve: I cant wait!!!

She threw her hands in the air and beamed with such happiness. I'm so glad to see her smile.

Me: Eve, did I tell you I was a famous wrestler?

Once more her became a bright star.

Eve: Like a wwe wrestler!

Me: how do you know? Are you sure your three.

She giggled as i poked her nose.

Eve: There was a boy at the orphanage who would bug Mrs. Beth about it. And yes i am three.

She smiled.

Me: Well you sure are a smart little one. Now lets get you to bed, love.

I set her on my hip and began to walk down the hall back to her room. I reached the door and opened it revealing her room. I walked over to her bed and gently placed her in, pulling the covers over her.

Eve: Mr. Fergal can you check under the bed... Please?

She gave me puppy dog eyes.

Me: Ok, love.

I got down on all fours and looked udner the bed, only to find her stuffed bear, Kodak.
I grabbed him and got back to my feet.

Me: there are no monsters, I think...

I showed Kodak from behind me and shook the stuff bear teasingly.

Me: Kodak made them run away.

Eve giggled and wrapped her arms around Kodak as i handed him to her. I kissed her forehead.

Me: Good night sweet'pea I love you.

Eve: night night, Mr. Fergal.

I softly shut her door and went back to my room and went to bed.

"(only if she'd call me her father)" I thought just as I fell into a dreamless sleep.