Chapter Nine

Eve scrambled out from under her covers. It was early in the morning, but still dark out. She perked up looking around at the darkness. She wasn't feeling to well, her right side was in aching pain, and she was sweating bullets. She tried to call out to her father, Fergal, but her voice gave out halfway. Eve got out of her bed and walked down the hall holding her right side. She whimpered and cried, trying to call out to Fergal.

Fergal's P.O.V
I tosted in my sleep, but was woken up by the sound of crying. My mind instantly went to the thought of Eve. I hurriedly got out of bed and rushed out of my bedroom to see Eve limping down the hall towards me crying and holding her rightside. I quickly scooped her up in my arms.

Me: Sweetheart are you ok?

Eve: Daddy, my side... Hurts!

Eve cried into my chest as I held her close, i could feel her skin and it was on fire, and sweat began to trickle down her temple. I shuffled down the stiars and into the kitchen pantrie and pulled out a thermometer. I held it in her mouth while it took her temperature.

Me: 102.4!!!

I was panicking when i yelled the numbers out loud. I through my shoes on then jumped into the car while still holding onto Eve as I drive. I made it to the nearest hospital, quickly finding a parking spot and running into the hospital upto the front desk.

Desk lady: Yes, how may I help you?

I calmed down so i could properly form a sentence.

Me: My Daughter's very sick, her tempture is 102.4!!!

I spat the words out trying to stay calm.

Desk lady: Ok i need her name a birthday, we'll get her checked out right away.

Me: Her name is Mia Devitt, and her birthday is February 13, 2014.

She placed the paper around her right wrist saying her name and birthday. She showed him to a room then left to go get a nurse.

Eve: Daddy it hurts!

Eve whined. I hugged her into my chest, bouncing her lightly in my arms.

Me: it's ok, love.

The nurse soon came in, giving Eve a quick check up. She finally checked Eve's temperature, and this time it read, 103.7.

Nurse: Oh my! I'll get a doctor rivht away!

She then rushed out of the room. Eve groaned in pain even more. I tried calming her down some while we waited for the doctor. He soon came into the room and made us move where critical patients were, and pulled the curten to sheild us from the many stairs of others.

Doctor: Ok Mr. Devitt.

He said while turning on the ultrasound system and using it's magic to see what was going on with Eve's side.

Doctor: How long has she been experincing this pain in her side.

Fergal:  I don't know She woke up crying and i found her in the hallway on her side calling out to me.

Doctor: I see.

The doctor put some vasalean on her side just above her hip and moved the scanar around.

Doctor: I oh my! This isn't good.

He pointed to the monitor screen.

Doctor: There is an eregularly large cist on her right Kidney, it's about the size of a golfball.

I was shocked at what I saw, my heart started to race and I began to panic.

Me: Is she going to be ok Doc?

Doctor: You should be glad you brung her in, if you had waited any longer it could have possibly killed her.

<<>><<>>

Fergal watched as they struggled to find a vane in the crease of her right arm. They soon found one and inserted the IV, causing Eve to cry out at the pinch of pain. Fergal couldn't stand to see his little girl going through this much pain, it broke his heart. He hung his head with his face in his hands. They moved this time up to a room since Eve would be in the Hospital for at least a week, or week and a half.

Fergal: Eve you're gonna be ok. I'll be here no matter what.

He did his best to comfort his crying daughter. A nurse dropped by handing Fergal Eve's little hospital gown, it had little teddy bear's all over it. He helped Eve change into the gown, it reached to the bottom of her knees and he placed her back down ont the hospital bed gently. After a while Eve got up from the bed and rushed to the sink to throughup, Fergal rushed to her aid holding her hair from her face and rubbing her back. After she was done Fergal wiped her mouth then placed her back onto the bed, and covered her up. He kissed her hot forehead, and held her hand.

Fergal: Don't cry you'll get through this, you're my tough little girl.

Eve soon went to sleep after about 3 hours of pain and crying. Fergal was to scared to sleep, he was afraid of missing something. So he stayed up the time, watching the sun rise from the trees, peaking through the window. He took out his phone and took a picture of him holding Eve's little hand, posting it to twitter saying. "7:37am, at the hospital for my little girl." he put his phone away then turned his gaze to Eve's flushed sleeping face.

Fergal: This is going to be a long week.

He gave a tired sigh before switching on the TV and layed back into the easy chair, never letting go of Eve's hand.