Broadway

Derek pulled Hayley through the streets of New York a wide grin permanently etched on his face. He stopped in front of a large theatre and jumped up and down excitedly.

"That's where we're preforming Hayls!! I'm going to be on Broadway! Dancing my own choreography!! With you!!! And Jules of course." He stood in awe of the building before him. "I can't believe it!! Two weeks, two weeks Hay!"

Hayley laughed at her boyfriends antics before pulling him away. Derek and Juliane were about to open their own show in New York and Derek was coming up early before tech rehersal for what he said was to finalize details before all the dancers got there but was actually to show Hayley around the city he loved so much.

They had started the day walking around the city. Hayley often had to force her boyfriend to keep moving as he would just stand and stare at the city around him not realizing he was doing so. Although he always said he was staring at the beautiful girl in front of him and Hayley always blushed madly when he did.

The two next went ice skating in central park where Hayley found out much to her surprise that despite being a graceful dancer Derek had no coordination on the ice and couldn't get two feet without Hayley holding his hand and keeping him steady. She would laugh madly at this which would only cause Derek to get upset and try to skate without her. This proved a horrible idea which ended in Derek laying face down in the ice and Hayley lending a hand to pick him up, trying to hold in more laughter.

When Derek finally couldn't handle his ego being damaged anymore the two found themselves in a small coffe shop wrapped in each other's arms and sipping delightfully warm hot chocolate. Hayley with her eyes closed enjoying the moment and Derek with his eyes only on the girl in his arms appreciating how truly wonderful she as.

The two had eventually made it down to all the Broadway theatres and Hayley was not surprised in the least. Derek was obsessed with Broadway and he was more than excited about his new show, and though he would never tell her this was even more excited about getting to share the stage with her every night.

Derek pulled Hayley into his chest before resting his chin on the top of her head. She leaned into his embrace staring at the building that will be their second home for the next couple of months.

"Well what do you want to do now?" Hayley asked looking up at his smiling face.

"Well I actually had a little surprise for you." Derek said spinning Hayley around so she was facing him.

"Oh yeah? And what's the surprise?" She asked smirking at the bright smile on his face.

"Well." He said pulling out 2 tickets to a new Broadway show he knew she had been dying to go to. She squealed in excitement when she saw the tickets.

"Derek you did not! Oh I'm so excited"

Hayley had been dying to see this new show, Amélie, it had just come out and it was based on a movie she loved. It was about a girl living in Paris tying to do good deeds around the city who falls in love with this guy Nino. Hayley loved the storyline and the quirky characters. Hayley leaned in to give Derek a kiss.

"Thank you my love." She says with another kiss. Derek just picks her up and spins her in a circle, the both of them laughing.

"Of course, now don't we have a show to get to?" Derek asks sarcastically only to have Hayley reach for his hand and pull him though the streets towards the theatre.

The curtains were opening as Hayley was jumping up and down in her seat. Derek smiled to himself wondering how he got to be so lucky as to have such an adorable girlfriend. He reached for her hand as the first notes began to play.

Derek found that he watched the show less than he watched Hayley. Of course the production was wonderful and he immensely enjoyed it but what was more rewarding for him was to watch her. She was in love with the show and her face lit up when her favorite characters came on stage, she mouthed along to her favorite songs, she laughed and cried with the characters. All Derek could think about however, was how madly and deeply in love with her he was. He loved how excited she got about things, he loved her unironic enthusiasm for things, and walking around NY today reminded of him of all the other little things he loved about her. He loved that she shared his passions with him, he loved that she was there for him, he loved that she balanced him out and vice versa, he loved that she loved him. He loved her so much and he didn't know what he would do without her and he didn't want to find out.

After the show Derek hailed a cab for the two of them as Hayley slowly fell asleep on his shoulder.

They pulled up at what would be the two of theirs apartment for the next couple of months and Derek carried, a now fast asleep, Hayley up to thier room where he placed her on the bed. She lightly stirred opening her eyes before looking a round the room for him and pulling him towards her. He gave up on trying to put on some pajamas and settled onto the bed wrapping his arms around her and slowlying falling asleep.

A/n: Thanks for reading the first chapter of my new prompts book! I will write for any ship so please request stuff in comments!! 💕💕