The question

Alan POV
To say I was scared would be an understatement. I was terrified I was going to ask the love of my life to marry me, but before that I had to get through one person. I stood on their doorstep, wringing my hands before reaching up and knocking. At once I heard footsteps from behind the door as it sprang open to reveal the cutest little girl anyone had ever seen. Tegan had just turned three, she had wavy brown hair that almost turned red in the light with soft hazel eyes and brilliant freckles.

"MOMMY," she yelled a smile appearing on her face as she saw me in he doorway, "A-lawn is here" I reached down and gave her a little fist bumps before picking her up and slinging her over my shoulder, as she began to giggle uncontrollably. I saw Brittany walk down the staircase to her boyfriend and child goofing around, slightly shaking her head and letting out a small laugh before walking over to my side and giving me a kiss on the cheek. Tegan squirmed pit of my grip.

"Ewww mommy don't kiss Alan he has cooties." Brittany just laughed before turning towards me.

"Thank you so much for watching her, my partner just really isn't getting it and I thought he could benefit from some extra practice."

"Britt, you don't need to apologize, I love Tegan and she loves me too right?" Tegan makes a face and Brittany is once again laughing.

"God I just can't win with you two, I love you both and I'll see you around five? We can all have dinner."

"Sounds good babe," I say before ushering her out of the door and giving her one last kiss.

The door shuts behind Brittany and I turn to face Tegan. "So what do you want to do?"

Tegan looks at me with a mischievous expression before grabbing my hand and pulling me upstairs to her bedroom. "LETS PLAY PRINCESS!" My eyes go wide as I realize how bad this is going to end for me.

An hour later and I have been, to quote Tegan, "transformed" what that really translates to is that I have now have heavy blue eye shadow, bright pink lipstick, a dazzling tiara, and I'm wearing one of Tegan's tutus.

"So Tegan we agree, no one knows about this right?" Tegan just looks at my face and laughs before grappling my phone and snapping several pictures. "Tegan... please don't..." Tegan once again bursts into a fit of giggles before sending all of the pictures to Brittany. I will never be able to live this down.

I clean up mine and Tegan's faces as best I can, there are still trace amounts of glitter costing my body but I'll have to let that go for now. Tegan jumps on my back before we head downstairs. Tegan complains of being hungry and I try and look through the cabinets for somthing to eat. I find nothing except for some ice cream in the freezer and decide it's good enough.

"Now Tegan if I let you have ice cream will you promise not to tell your mom?" Tegan smiles up at me and I guess that that's the best assurance in going to get. I grab two bowls and spoon out generous portions and watch as Tegan excitedly dumps exorbitant amounts of sprinkles on her dessert. She takes a bite and smiles. I laugh to myself, she really is a great kid. My nerves begin to set in gain as I realize that I should ask her the question I really came here for the answer to. I clear my throat and her eyes shoot to me.

"So Tegan, I have a question for you." She nods her head mouth still full of ice cream. It's something that would normally make me laugh but I'm too nervous to show it. "So Tegan I really love your mom and I was was thinking of... well asking her to marry me." Tegan looks up at me, I can't read the expression on her face.

"Would that make you my new daddy?" I can read get expression on her face now, its hope. Tegan's dad died when she was very little and she had to grow up without a father.

"Oh Tegan," I wrapped my arms around the small girl, "if you want me to be your daddy I can be, but if you just want to stick with alan that's ok too." Tegan smiled up at me.

"I want you to be my dad." I kissed the top of her head, wiping away a rouge tear.

"I love you Tegan and I want to be there for you and your mom, I love both of you so much."

"I love you too Alan." I picked up two little girl and pushed us both onto the sofa, she snuggled into me as I felt us both fall asleep a smile on my face.

Brittany would wake us up in a couple hours, not before taking a couple thousand pictures beforehand. Tegan would rat me out for giving her ice cream but Britt would just laugh and give me a kiss. Then a couple days later I would get down on one knee and ask the live of my life to marry me and Tegan would run out and call me dad for the first time and me and Britt would bother sob tears of joy but all of that is in the further for now I want to appreciate being cuddled up with the sweetest little girl.

A/n thanks for reading!! I hope you all enjoyed! Please comment suggestions down below. I love you all xoxo 💕💕