Stay or Go

Derek POV
"I don't know what you find wrong with this!" I was on the verge of screaming at Julianne, I had just gotten an offer for a wonderful opportunity in New York City and she was trying to get me not to take it.

"I can't believe you don't see the issue here!!" Now Julianne was about to yell and that was never a good idea.

"What? What is wrong?!? This is a great opportunity for me!" I was getting really mad now, who gave her the authority to do this to me?

"YOU HAVE A DAUGHTER! You have a wonderful, sweet 14 year old daughter and I'm not going to let you rip her out of school half way through the year. Derek she has been living in L.A. Her whole life, she has friends here, she has all of her aunts and uncles here, her life is here Derek, and you can't, no I won't let you take that away from her." Julianne was really angry now her head looking as if it waste about to blow steam from her ears. I had a daughter, Lauren, I loved her more than life itself. Her mom had left her on my doorstep when she was just a baby with a note explaining how Lauren was mine and how she didn't want to be a mom. I never doubted it though, Lauren was a mini me, right up to the bonded hair and blue eyes.

"Lauren can make new friends, and she's a smart girl she'll adjust to the new school."  I still didn't see the issue here, I loved Lauren but I had to do what's best for her and whats best for me is best for her.

"Derek I swear if you take this job I'm never speaking to you again, I'll take Lauren." Julianne was deadly serious now, her eyes hooting daggers at me.

"YOU WILL NOT TAKE MY DAUGHTER FROM ME!" I had enough of Julianne's stubbornness. This was my life, my daughter, MY decision.  "I'm taking the job."

"Then you're losing Lauren because I will not let your rip her from her life just so you can go live some fantasy." Julianne was seething, I had never seen her this mad in all my life.

"FINE! You can have Lauren! I NEVER ASKED FOR A CHILD, YOU CAN TAKE HER! IM GOING TO NEW YORK!" With that I walked out the door slamming it behind me.

Lauren POV
I woke up to dad and aunt Julianne arguing downstairs and didn't think much of it. They are siblings and they're always fighting about something. I was walking down the stairs and was just about into the kitchen where dad was when I heard him yell.

"FINE! You can have Lauren! I NEVER ASKED FOR A CHILD, YOU CAN TAKE HER! IM GOING TO NEW YORK!" Tears started rushing down my face as I watched my father slam the door of the house the action rattling the structure. Aunt Julianne looked over and noticed me standing there.

"Oh, Lauren, how much of that did you hear?" Aunt Jules rushed over to my side wrapping her arms around me as tears continued to fall down my face.

"Does this mean dad doesn't want to be my dad anymore?" I asked burying my head in her shoulder. She just wrapped her arms around me and held on tight. I don't think even she understood what this meant.

"Hey, hey it's ok. You know you dad love you. He was just a little angry that's it. It's all going to be ok." She said still hiking me in her arms.

"He said he didn't want me, never wanted me." My voice broke between syllables the tears making it hard to speak.

"Oh love, he didn't mean that." I backed away so that I could see aunt Jules' face.

"But he said it, he said he didn't want me and that he was leaving, and now I don't have a dad or a mom." I said bursting in to a fresh set of sobs as Julianne wrapped her arms around me once more.

"It's all going to be ok, it don't know how but it will. Trust me, it's gong to be ok." I nodded my head but it didn't stop the tears from falling. I had already been without a mom my whole life because she didn't want me, was my dad now abandoning me because he didn't want me either. I ran back up the stairs to my room and shut the door. Aunt Jules tried to call for me but to no avail. I fell onto my bed trying to imagine now that I had to live without both parents.

A/n Thanks for reading! Also would anyone like a part 2? I really liked this idea. Please request prompts in comments! 💕💕