Chapter 10 ( Final )

~ 1 year later ~

Alex's POV

A year has passed and a lot has changed. I'm pleased to say that I'm well into my recovery.

During my stay at the Psychiatric hospital, I realised how much I had fucked up my life. I had lost the people that I loved most in the world and I was letting everyone down. Even the fans. I realised that I had to get better for them.

I had daily one to one therapy and group therapy which helped me to come to terms with my illnesses.

I relapsed a couple of times and that set back my release date by some time but it just made me a stronger person.

The doctor explained to me that I was in a period of psychosis and had been for some while due to the loss of human contact. It took me months to finally come out of it and be able to figure what was real and what wasn't once again. However, with intensive therapy and the right medication, after about 7 months they released me.

My stay was much longer than anyone expected but they thought that letting me out early might just cause me to fall back into my old ways. I'm grateful actually that they didn't let me out because if they had, I probably wouldn't be here today.

Now I'm doing much better. It's been about 5 months since my release and me and the guys have released our latest album future hearts. I finally feel like I'm getting my life back on track again.

I haven't relapsed or touched any alcohol since I was released.

"Alex you alright buddy?" Rian asked, making me jump.

I looked up and all the guys heads had snapped towards me.

"Yeah guys I'm good, just thinking" I replied with a smile.

"Well don't overthink anything. If you feel like doing something you might regret, just come to one of us" Rian reassured.

I just nodded. The boys had been great. They weren't smothering me but they were still showing that they cared.

"Okay boys! We're due on stage in 5!" Zack yelled, making my face light up. If there was one thing that made me truly happy, it was being on stage.

We all stood backstage and each took it in turn to run onstage, making the crowd scream.

"What's up Michigan?!" I screamed into the mic.

"Tonight, were going to start with two songs that mean a lot to me" I spoke
Into the crowd. "They show that recovery is possible if you learn to love yourself. Things aren't bad forever, you just have to wait them out. This first song is called therapy!"

My ship went down
In a sea of sound.
When I woke up alone I had everything:
A handful of moments I wished I could change
And a tongue like a nightmare that cut like a blade.

In a city of fools,
I was careful and cool,
But they tore me apart like a hurricane...
A handful of moments I wished I could change
But I was carried away.

Give me therapy.
I'm a walking travesty
But I'm smiling at everything.
Therapy...
You were never a friend to me
And you can keep all your misery.

My lungs gave out
As I faced the crowd.
I think that keeping this up could be dangerous.
I'm flesh and bone,
I'm a rolling stone
And the experts say I'm delirious.

Give me therapy.
I'm a walking travesty
But I'm smiling at everything.
Therapy...
You were never a friend to me
And you can take back your misery.