Merry Christmas Eve!

December 24 2014, Wednesday

05:13 PM.

A week has passed since the day Phoebe arranged the secret Santa gift exchange for her family, and now she was very happy because there's only a few hours left for Christmas. The last Wednesday, some hours after Billy threw a bucket of water all over Nora, (which was nothing more than melted snow from Mount Fuji), Phoebe went to Hidenville Galleria to get a present for her father.

It wasn't that hard to choose his gift, she already knew he needed a new wallet, after she found out a couple weeks ago that Dr. Colosso destroyed his old wallet by biting it, while being in a bunny rage attack. Phoebe was sure he would love this present. And now, that elegant wallet was on her desktop, safe and sound inside of a golden box with a green present bow on it. But it was not the only gift inside of her room, because while she was seated on her bed, she had a second present between her hands, a present that she was still wrapping.

"Just a few more tape over here and..." Phoebe says with a low voice, after she cuts more adhesive tape to join the paper.

This present was for no one else but her brother, Max. She bought it the same day she went to the mall, and she hid it inside of her closet so nobody else could see it, at least not until tomorrow.

It doesn't matter if she couldn't pick her brother's name during the gift exchange, Phoebe always used to give him something for Christmas. Not because she wanted to call for his attention, or because she wanted to bother him with the spirit of Christmas, but because being twins, she felt that deep inside her, it was something she had to do. And as she sticks more tape on the last edges of the paper, she can't take Max out of her head.

"Why would he hate Christmas so much?" The adolescent seriously thought, while she was observing the present, checking it out.

Phoebe could not understand how it was possible for someone to reject this beautiful holiday, and she definitely disliked the moment when she heard Max getting happy after she called him "Scrooge" one hour ago. Unlike him, she always had a good time with her parents and her little siblings, singing together, or watching some Christmas movie marathon on T.V. but every year the same story would happen, and for some reason she couldn't help but see Max acting the same way, and she wondered, why he always tried to ruin this day to everyone, because he already did it since they were living in Metroburg.

Back then, she thought that he just liked to have fun with his classic pranks. She thought that maybe he just wanted to feel as evil as one of the super villains he admired so much, but after she heard what he said to Nora last week...

"You're going down Nora!"

...she realized that she had to do something, she had to stop him somehow. So, after she placed on her bed that big box wrapped with blue paper and some yellow thunders printed on it, she found herself just there, in the middle of all the Christmas decorations she put in her room. Phoebe looked around her and then, an idea came to her mind.

Max can keep saying that he hate Christmas over and over, but she's almost sure that it's not true, that deep inside this cold and tough facade he insists to show, a very kind but insecure heart was hiding, and Phoebe was anxious to meet this Max Thunderman. She used to imagine what he would be like if he ever leaves his villain phase behind.

But after she stood up, the teenager knew exactly what she had to do. If Max was refusing to join the spirit of Christmas, then she would bring the spirit of Christmas to him. And without thinking twice, she quickly walks to her closet and takes a big cardboard box. She proceeds to put most of the decorations she placed in her room, the ones she installed since the last week. She takes off some of her colored lights, a little Christmas tree covered with all kind of decorations, a big red ornament, and some other things.