Am I dreaming?

December 24 2014, Wednesday
10:31 PM.

Some seconds after the closing credits for the Christmas special of All Grown Up!, Phoebe was still seated on the couch. Her parents and siblings went to their rooms some time after the dinner ended, but she wanted to stay and watch some T.V. before going to sleep. That's how she found the special of one of her favorite shows of her childhood. In an instant, she remembered when she was a little girl and used to spend her afternoons watching to this cartoon with her brother Max.

Back then, Billy and Nora hasn't even born yet, so beside their parents, they only had each other. Definitely, the twins were very close in the past.

Phoebe smiles with this memory and without further delay, she turns off the T.V. and stood up, leaving the remote on the couch. She sees the screen of her phone for a second and realizes that it's past 10, so she decides it's time to sleep. Decorating Max's lair was not the only thing she did, she did lots of other things during the day and now she's very tired, so after moving the switch with her telekinesis, the lights of the living room went off, leaving her in a complete darkness.

And then she walks to her room very carefully, lighting her path using the flash of her cell phone. The whole house was so quiet, and as she walks through the hallway that separates her room from her parent's, she could only hear the soft sound of her boots with every step she takes. When she finally gets to her room, she slowly opens the door and walks inside without making any noise. She didn't want to wake them up.

10:43 PM.

Inside of her room, it seemed like it was even darker than in the outside. She walks to her night table and lights up her lamp, and right after, her room was illuminated with a warm light, enough to stop using her phone. The light of her lamp was very soft but it was all she needed to change her clothes. She set aside her cute attire of a white sweater with black lines and blue jeans, and then she put on her pajamas, which consisted of a red sweater, and green sweatpants with some Santa Claus printed on them. A gift Barb gave her last year.

Once she was ready and all sleepy, Phoebe lied down on her bed and used a couple sheets to cover up herself. Then, she extended her arm to put her cell phone on her night table and turned off the lamp, letting the darkness cover her room again. Outside of the house, it was getting very cold, so she took her favorite pillow and cuddled to it, trying to get some warm from it and have a better sleep for the night.

But a couple seconds later, something made her concentrate her look on the window next her bed. She unconsciously let out her pillow, and got astonished with what she just saw outside. Up in the sky, she could see a big full moon.

"Wow! It looks beautiful!" Phoebe whispered, watching the moon very carefully.

She cuddled to her pillow again and kept watching at the astronomical event. This night the sky was all clear and there were just a few stars up there, so watching the moon in the middle of the night was very easy at this point. She stays like that for some minutes, just watching at the moon and smiling in silence, stunned by its magnificent. But without her knowing, Max suddenly returned to her thoughts.

She asked herself how it was possible for him to still sticking to his villain phase. She always thought that Max has a good heart, and he just needs people to get close to him in order to understand him. She never believed he could become a cruel super villain. She always has supported him no matter how many times he has disappointed her, but sometimes Phoebe had her doubts, she didn't know if it was enough for him.

In front of the others, she pretends she likes to fight him, but she would never confess it's actually scary for her to think that Max can become a dangerous villain she'll have to stop in the future. She even had nightmares about it, and the most awful are the ones where Max turns against her and joins to other villains to fight her and her family. Sometimes, she used to wake up very startled, and with her eyes full with tears.