Maybe in another life

December 25 2014, Thursday
7:34 PM

After they heard their mother's voice getting closer, they instinctively got separated as fast as they could, and once Barb entered the room to tell them dinner was ready, the twins were some feet away from each other, pretending they were just curiously watching their gift boxes. In just a few seconds, a strange tension was growing inside of the room, a tension that Barb did not seem to perceive yet.

"I see you just gave your twin gift, right?"Barb asks, as she looks at them resting against the door frame. She was so happy for them that she encouragingly says: "Oh my wittle twinsies! I love seeing you so close!"

After that, she joyful woman turns around and walks back to finish serving dinner. But as soon as she gets out of there, the innocent comment their mother said provoked an involuntary laugh on Max and Phoebe. They used to get a little embarrassed every time she talk to them like babies, considering they were 16. But it wasn't so annoying.

At that moment, they could hear Barb saying at the distance:

"Don't take so long or dinner will get cold!" Barb yells from the hallway.

"We're coming, mom!" Max replies, rising up his voice.

The tension between them seemed to have disappeared, but they didn't take so much to be staring at each other again, just like they did some time ago, and worst, without even saying a single word.

In circumstances like this, Max would have said a stupid comment, or he would just ignore her by walking up to the kitchen for dinner, but not this time. Phoebe's nerves were getting back, and looking at her twin directly at his dark brown eyes, less than 3 feets away from her, weren't really helping. She could almost see her own reflection on them.

She was a little anxious by now, and couldn't understand why he was so calmed; he even gave her a smile while they keep looking at each other. She was beginning to think something weird has been happening to him. No matter how much he could've changed recently, there's no way he could be so nice to her, at least not since they were kids. All this thoughts were flying through her mind but suddenly, he breaks the silence:

"We should go up there. We can talk about this later Pheebs." Max states and smiles at the end. She didn't remember when he gave her a smile like that. But the special way he was staring at her, almost let her breathless.

"Y... yeah... sure." She hardly tries to say.

Right after, they went to the stairs in order to leave his room, but as Phoebe walks on them, she couldn't help but pay attention to his lair. Due to the confusing moments they had since she got down there, she hasn't realized that there were more Christmas decorations than the ones she brought yesterday. She thought that he must have been setting up everything else, thanks to his sudden spirit of Christmas, so she downplayed importance to it, and continued walking next to him.

But before she could get out, Phoebe noticed something was missing, or rather, someone was missing. She looked everywhere but she couldn't find Max's best friend:

"Where is Colosso?" She thought, and then she stops behind Max.

He was now opening his door, but before taking a step out, he turns to face her and stood aside to let her walk first, indicating the path to her with his arm extended.

"Ladies first." He says without stop looking at her chocolate-brown eyes.

"Uhmm... thanks." The teenager says, astonished by his kind attention.

She couldn't remember the last time she saw Max being this kind to her, she didn't imagined he could do this, not even in her best dreams. But before she could realize, his kindness made her feel like one of those girls from the romantic movies she loved to watch every weekend. But more than anything, he made her feel special.

A dream of Phoebeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें