The Team Suspects

"Hey, Lance." Hunk greeted him as soon as he entered the dining room. "How's it going?"

Lance crossed the room to take a dish from the rack. "It's all good. A bit uneventful if you ask me."

"Yeah. The Galra seem to be oddly quiet lately." Hunk replied thoughtfully.

"Everyone needs a bit of rest and relaxation now and then." Lance sat to the right of Hunk. "Now, if only Allura and Shiro would let US have a break." He joked.

"If only." Hunk laughed. "So anyway, how's Keith?"

"Hm?"

"You and Keith seem to be spending a lot of time together lately."

Lance choked. "What do you mean?"
Hunk held his hands in front of him in a surrendering manner. "I'm not suggesting anything! It's just that Pidge and I were talking the day after Keith ran away."

Lance raised an eyebrow. "About what?"

"Well, she investigated the room and found something a bit... peculiar."

Lance crossed his arms, forcing the growing anxiety to ease back as he tried to play it cool. "Yeah?"

"She found purple hairs under the bedsheets. She suspects that the Galra had something to do with Keith's disappearance but, since Keith refuses to talk to anyone other than you, we were wondering if he's said anything about that to you."

Lance stroked his chin to appear thoughtful in order to hide the sinking feeling in his stomach. "Hmm... you know. I can't recall Keith mentioning anything about that. You sure it's not something else?"

"What else could it be?" Hunk questioned. "I mean. No one else has purple hair except for the Galra as far as we know."

Lance bit his lip. "Yeah... right. You know what? I'll just ask him next time I see him." Lance rose stiffly from his seat, tossing the uneaten food aside.

"Lance, don't tell me that you're getting sick too."

Lance glanced down at his untouched food as he backed out of the room. "Nah. I just ate not too long ago. I'm fine. Completely fine. I'm so fine. Yep. Fine and dandy, that's what I am."

Hunk raised an eyebrow as Lance's back made contact with the wall mere inches beside the door. "You sure?" Hunk asked with growing concern.

"Never been so sure in my life. I think I'm gonna take Blue out for a bit. Can't let my piloting skills go rusty." Lance made a shooting motion with his hands. "Yeah. So anyway, catch ya later, Hunk!"