Separated

"Let go of me!" Lance kicked and struggled as he was dragged by a Galra soldier. "Tell me what you did with Keith!"

"His whereabouts is none of your concern, boy!" One of the Galra hissed.

Lance stopped kicking for a moment, realizing that his struggles would get him nowhere. He thought for a moment. "Hey, so--"

"--Shut your mouth!"

"Okay, wow. Now I know where Keith gets it from. You Galra are an angry bunch aren't ya? You know what you guys need? Some good ol' anger management classes."

The second soldier sighed. "Do you ever stop talking?"

"I could do anger management twice a week for... what type of currency do you guys use? You know what? It doesn't matter. I'll do it for the low price of freedom! This is a limited time offer from yours truly! How does that sound?"

"Would you just shut up!"

Lance bit back a cry of pain as the first soldier forced his arms behind his back. Meanwhile, the second soldier moved to open the cell door.

"Not really the bargaining sort, are you?" Lance asked through gritted teeth. In that moment, his eyes gleamed as a plan formed in his head. "But neither am I."

Just as the soldier loosened his grip to toss him into the cell, Lance spun around and grabbed the soldier's arm. They struggled for a moment before Lance forced the blaster from the soldier's grip, tossed him into the cell, and shut the door. Lance spun on his heel, narrowly missing a hit from the second Galra soldier.

"Hey, listen. I hate to do this." Lance held the blaster at eye level and pointed it in the direction of the Galra soldier who stopped in their tracks. "Drop your weapon." The soldier's eyes darted to the weapon in Lance's hands and threw the blaster to the ground before holding up his hands.

"Where did he take Keith?" Lance demanded.

"That's classified."

Lance stepped closer, backing the Galra soldier into the wall. "Are you sure?"

The soldier hesitated for a moment, staring down the barrel of the blaster. "They're taking him to the ring. Zarkon's orders. Zarkon wants to see him fight." The words came out in a rush.

Lance raised an eyebrow. "Why does Zarkon want to watch Keith fight?" He pressed the blaster closer.

"Zarkon hopes to unleash Keith's Galra side. He thinks that the only way for that to happen is in battle. Once he is near death, his survival instincts will kick in and-- no, I said too much." The soldier's eyes widened with fear.

Lance stepped back and lowered the blaster. "No, you said just enough." Lance replied, stepping back quickly. "Thank you." He turned on his heel and ran before the soldier had the chance to pick up his weapon.