XXIV - Remus

Remus awoke the next more with the sound of birds tweeting, sun streaming in from the open windows and a sleeping small body next to him on the floor. Still drowsy, Remus looked to the side and saw the light brown head of Angela. She was lying with her head on Remus' chest and her body on the floor. Remus' arms were around Angela, still protectively and also loving. 

Still not either sitting or getting up, Remus looked up at the window of the cottage and saw the blue sky and light streaming in. It must be at some point between early and mid-morning, he judged. Time for breakfast.

Remus looked down at Angela beside him. Now that he was properly awake, the revelation hit him with a bang. He had a daughter. There was no doubt about it and Remus smiled. He gently began to play with the ends of Angela's long hair before stopping and just looking at her. He remembered his mother once saying that when Remus would have a child, all he would want to do is look at it: now what she said was true. Part of Remus was still in shock about having a daughter but the greater part of Remus was happy that he did. 

But he didn't know anything about Angela, so he picked up his wand (lying on the couch where it had been the previous night) and pointed it at his ripped clothes from last night. They mended and slowly, without wanting to wake up his daughter, he shifted to put them on. Then he lay back down and stared up at the ceiling waiting for Angela to wake up and tell him what she would like for breakfast.