Chapter 1- Even.

Settle down with me
Cover me up
Cuddle me in.

ISAKS POV

These meetings had become a regular thing now. Every Wednesday night, I would take my mum to the group. I did not mind though, she is getting help how can i complain? My mum is ill. Mentally ill. So I take her to these small sessions with a couple of other people, she feared one on one, she found it hard so the doctor suggests this will give her a chance to open up and I have to say it really is helping. My dad isn't around anymore, we keep in contact but he couldn't handle mum for much longer. I get it, I couldn't handle her either. But now these groups have started, she is much easier to cope with. I do not live with her however. I share a place with 2 room mates named Linn and Eskild. Linn doesn't do much, she suffers with depression I think. Whereas Eskild is loud and energetic, he is gay as well so he is helpful and as he likes to say 'my guru' for some situations. 

Recently there has been another reason why I enjoy these group meetings and that is because of him. Even.. well i don't know his last name yet but yes, Even. Even has bipolar and suffers from manic episodes. He seems pretty cool to be honest. However he makes me nervous, so incredibly nervous, I don't understand why though as I am chill around most people, I have the charm and I know the right things to say most of the time, but him? Nope. All I know about him is his condition and that he is in the third year, a year above me. He recently transferred to my school which now makes it even harder not to think about him. 

'I am still taking medication, it really helps. I haven't had a manic episode in a while now, i'd say around a month or two. I have my moments but i'm doing much better' He smiles happily at his comment, everyone applauded him, wishing their best for his luck and congratulating his recent good health. 'That is fantastic Even! Well done! Right on that good note, we shall finish here' the group leader grins as everyone began to rise from their seats. Finally I could go take a piss! 'Hey mum? I'm just gonna run to the toilet, you good? I checked, 'Yeah sure you go ahead, i'll be fine here' She smiled and carried on chatting with the other group members as I began to walk away to the bathroom.

After I was finished I turned towards the sink to wash my hands and that is when i just froze. Even. He was right in front of me. Fixing his hair in the mirror, looking model-like as per usual. He began cleaning his hands as I approached the sink to do the same, I saw his eyes sensing my every moments in the reflection of the mirror, it was making me because self conscious, it wasn't completely uncomfortable as it felt kinda good having him look at me for once. It felt nice switching it up for once, instead of me staring at him. 

Once he was done cleaning, I began to stare at him questionably as he took every tissue possible from the dispenser, even the last one that was stuck inside. Was he doing this on purpose or? 'Oh did you also need tissues?' He looked at me amused. No words could I get out of my mouth, I was completely quiet, as if I were a mouse. I was just purely speechless and he knew that. So he took that as an advantage by smirking and raising them god damn eyebrows. In a weird way that's kind of attractive. He chuckled quietly, just once, but I heard it. He then grabbed a pretty much non-used tissue from the top of the trash and handed it to me willingly. I took the tissue, still no words escaping my mouth. He smirked once again before confidently walking out, straight past me, leaving me in awe.