Chapter 5

Jazz, Mickey and I walked into the school passing a group of teenagers. The kids laughed obnoxiously reminding me why teenagers got on my everlasting nerves. With Jazz leading the way, we turned a couple corners and made our way into the auditorium. There on the stage was a group of Asians. Two thin, hipster white girls stood near the stage cheering the Asian kids on for the moves they did. The music blasted from a small boombox that rested on the edge of the stage. One kid spun circles on his head as another twisted and turned his body competitively against him. This was truly some movie type shit. I’ve never seen people literally break dance battling in real life. Jazz skipped her way to the stage, taking off her shirt on the way. My eyes roamed to the quick glimpse of her smooth stomach before the tank top she had underneath fell to rest on her body… Damn I wanted to be that tank top.

Jazz greeted her friends and instantly joined in the circle of breakdancers. She got down and spun around on her hands effortlessly. Mickey and I made our way to the front row seats just watching the fun. I had to admit... this stuff was interesting as hell. They were all so good at what they did that you could tell they practiced heavily. Jazz fit in perfectly. She was absolutely amazing. I sat there in the front row with my eyes glued to her. The way she was, the way she interacted, the way she moved; it was all so mesmerizing.

“Hey c’mon guys! Come join us!” Jazz called out to me and Mickey who were sitting a seat away from each other, commenting every now and then on random moves that we thought were cool.

“Na, I don’t know how to break dance…” I replied.

“Alright, I’ll try it out” Mickey replied, getting up and heading up the stairs to the stage.

Although she wasn’t as good as the others on stage, Mickey was still pretty good. She spun and twisted and flipped and jumped. She messed up here and there, but it was still better than what I could do. I sat and watched from the front row at how Jazz interacted with Mickey. She egged her on to keep dancing, she wrapped her arm around her playfully and challenged her to a dance. They were having fun, and I just watched. Minutes later, Jazz jumped down from the stage and sat right beside me.

“Why aren’t you dancing with us?” she asked, slightly out of breath.

“I don’t know how to breakdance. Yall are pretty good though.” I replied.

“Cmonnnnnn” Jazz begged me, “I’ll teach you.” She flashed her prefect smile at me and I melted on the inside.

“Umm… na, I’ll just watch for now.” I said, letting a smile creep across my face.

“Aight, you sure?” She asked once more.

“Yea I’m sure…” I said.

“Ok” Jazz said, placing her hand on my leg before getting up and hopping back on the stage.

Butterflies had full on seizures in my stomach. This girl was BEYOND cute and so loveable. I couldn’t be developing a crush though. She friendzoned me. It was just like me to have a crush on someone I couldn’t have.

As Jazz danced on stage, I watched her. Thought’s played in my mind, wondering how it would feel to touch her skin, to feel her body on mine. Jazz did a flip and missed, landing on her back with a chuckle. As she lay there, out of breath, I stared as her chest went up and down… up and down… up and down. I literally could not stop staring at her chest.

Damn. It looks like I caught a crush.

---------------------------------------------

After the practice was over, we all headed back to the car. Jazz popped the trunk and threw her things in.