Chapter 12

The next couple weeks were absolutely incredible! Jazz and I spent every single day together. All of our work-free time went to each other. She was funny, intelligent, not to mention drop dead gorgeous, and just being in her presence was enough to keep a smile on my face. Every moment we spent together I got to know her more and more and she in turn did the same. She was always asking questions; picking my brain. She wanted to know what I liked to do, where my passions were, how many siblings I had, what my childhood was like. There was never a dull moment between us because we were always talking. The conversations went from my love of airplanes, to her self teaching herself guitar to how I felt about gay people in the church to her absolute love for her nephew. Nothing was off limits with us and I loved it.

By this time, Chelle and Kay were well aware that there was someone I was spending all this time with and knew I had a crush. Hell, even Alicia knew and playfully teased me for smiling so hard at work everytime I came in. Jazz and I frequently went to bars and became the life of the party at each one. Every single time we would go, people were drawn to us; drawn to our vibes. They wanted to sit with us, they wanted to talk to us, and Jazz just so easily kept conversations flowing. More often than not, we had people paying for our food and drinks for the night becuase they didnt want us to leave. As unbelievable as it was, she was bringing me out of my shy shell. I wasn't nervous around people anymore. I wasn't afraid of social situaitons, in fact... I loved them now! It always ended in free stuff and new friends. 

Jazz and I were hanging out at her crib one Tuesday night, laughing and talkin as usual when the most random of questions poped up.

"Hey, so my best friend is getting married. The wedding is Saturday. I was wondering if you wanted to be my date to the wedding?" Jazz asked.

I was stunned and, even moreso, shocked when I heard it. Not only have I never been to a wedding (other than as a kid but that didn't count), but I always thought that poeple took the ones they took seriously to weddings. You know, the ones who've been in relationships for God-knows-how-long and they were serious about one another. Well, that's how I always thought of it from watching movies and TV shows. To have her ask ME must have meant something right? ESPECIALLY because it was her best friend. 

"Uh.. sure. Why not?" I answered.. wondering what I just got myself into. It wasn't like a random social situation at a bar.... No, this was a WEDDING...a BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING. I didn't want to say no because I liked her so damn much, but I was nervous as hell. 

After Jazz left that night I grabbed my phone and called Chelle instantly. 

"BITCH! GUESS WHAT HAPPENED!?" I yelled into the phone as soon as she answered. 

"OMG WHAT?!" Chelle asked concerned with worry. 

"JAZZ JUST ASKED ME TO BE HER DATE TO THE WEDDING!!" I told her half excited, half freaking out. 

"Gurl, really? You on my phone screamin in my ear for a damn date? I thought somebody got shot or something..." Chelle replied with a sigh of relief. 

"This is SERIOUS! Weddings are a HUGE deal yo! What am I  going to do?" I asked frantically.

"Um, no not really.. Every wedding I've been to I jus took someone so I wouldn't go alone. I aint care about none of them nobodies." Chelle laughed. 

As much as I didnt want to admit it, it hurt a little. Was Jazz just asking me so she wouldn't go alone?

"Wait... so they're not that serious?" I asked, slightly defeated. 

"Well not for me anyway." Chelle confirmed, bursting my whole entire bubble. 

"Well shit.. I'm just arm candy then huh? Just there to look good?" I asked.