06 : confession

confession from prison inmate #10289, 05/01/17

"She was a genius puppet master. She could control you in any way she wished with the flick of her finger because of how enthralled you became in her gaze. Promiscuous, pretty, and perfect; she was everything you wanted in a girl. One who was a little bit of a vixen not afraid to show skin but also modest, and a the talk of the town that you had all to yourself, allowing only you to whisper sweet nothings in her ear and make her laugh as brightly as she did with you, allowing only you to see parts of her that other men fantasized about and ogled at if visible. Those men would track you down to your home address, pelting whatever they had at your windows, defiling your property, shooting your mailbox. They all thought she was a girl worth fighting for, worthing dying for, and they would do anything to get her current lover out of the picture. She was a girl who was down for both a quickie and slow, passionate fuck, easygoing and not materialistic. The worst part was that when you thought she was all to yourself, there was another man doing the same things to her behind a different set of closed doors. This man could be your best friend, your dad, your cousin, anybody related to you or not. She didn't care if he was your brother; if she wanted him, she would seize him and make him think he was the only man in the world right for her. She was a home wrecker, except most of the time it wasn't a romantic relationship she was inputting herself into. It was one of a friendship or family relationship. She loved to break apart families, seeing the complete and utter havoc she caused with a sultry lick of her lips and casual toss of her hair. She was every man's ultimate weakness, as if created to destroy all of mankind."

The prosecutor turned to me, a mildly amused look on her face.

"Why did you like to break up families and friendships so much?" she inquired.

"Because those are far more easier, and then men fall to your feet faster," I answered.

I didn't really have any shame left, so why not let go of the remaining integrity I had. I was in a courtroom for god's sake; I had sworn to be honest, and this was probably the one and only time I would be honest in my life.