09 : leave

voicemail on defendant's phone, 25/01/17

"Haven't you done enough to our family? Dating my son and my brother's son at the same time? You are really infuriating, you know that? You're worse than a home wrecker, if I'm honest. Leave us alone-- please, for the love of god, leave us alone. You've caused enough pain to us, don't you think? We're trying to live our lives normally, and suddenly you step in. Chaos ensues, and my nephew ends up in prison for allegedly having intercourse with a minor, you. Then my son ends up lying in a ditch, committing suicide! And now you're trying to seduce my sister's son?  Are you purposely trying to wreck our lives, deplete us of all our happiness, all of our children? Please, I'm begging you, leave him alone. You've already caused us more misery than our hearts can handle."

voicemail from recipient's phone, 27/01/17

"I've left him alone as you wished. What next, your majesty? Leave this town and travel halfway across the world?"

The prosecutor looked at me.

"Why leave him alone, put somebody's else's wishes before yours?" she questioned.

I smiled. "I didn't exactly leave him alone. We slept together before we parted our separate ways, as one final parting gift."

The look on his aunt's face said it all. She was seething with rage.

"I did what I was told to do, did I not?" I questioned innocently.