Chapter 14: Excellence after a scolding

My Dear Mages,
I would like to warn you upon reading this chapter you will come upon some foul language that may be too violent for your taste and there might be some kids reading. Be warned! Hehehe..

Chapter 14//

"I swear I'm going to rip that bitch head's off if I ever see her again! " I spat while walking down the hall as my hands curled in a fist.

"Language human, It's not appropriate for you to behave like this," Salem furrows his brows while looking at the signs hanging above our heads to find the direction towards the headmaster's office.

"It's been a long time for you to call me human. Can't you just stick with Jizane or even better Ji!" I said in a loud whisper when some group of students passed through our way.

Salem glares at me with his eyes going red, "I will call you what I want. Now keep moving," I roll my eyes. Bipolar Salem is back again. Tsk.

We reached an ivory made door that has the sign 'Headmaster's office : Mr. Dandy hooves.' Looking at the sign made my lips twitch upward.

I sigh and run my hand through my hair. Salem exhales deeply. "Let's go," He give three knocks on the door.

"Come in!" A gruff voice answers.

Salem looks at me, gesturing me with his hand to go first. I pouted but did it anyways.

"Headmaster?" I poke my head through the door and see his is fully clothe unlike just now at the dining hall.

"Ah, yes. Come on in," He said as he sits down on his chair clasping his hands together after gesturing to me and Salem to sit on the two chairs in front of him.

I timidly walk to the chair which Salem held out for me first before he sat down himself after I said thank you. Mr. Dandy smiled at Salem's actions and mine as well.

"Let's see. Ms. Jizane Fortez, you aren't really a freshman since you have had a year of homeschooling in your region and therefore you are a newcomer in the 2nd year. Am I right?" Headmaster Dandy said reviewing the papers in a folder.

"Yes sir." I said timidly. While Salem cross his legs and concentrates at every word the headmaster said.

"Well, seeing you and your companion's action right now, I find it hard to believe that it was you and you alone who made such a ruckus in the dining hall. Will you tell me what exactly happened?" Headmaster Dandy looks at me expectantly.

I told him everything from the start and what accident almost happened. I notice Headmaster Dandy's eyebrow shot up when I went to the part were I use my magic to throw the cupcakes across the room and to the upper years. When I finished explaining, he smiled.

"Well then Kayla has in fact, made a false accusation and the upper years have made the prank go to far. I have to write a report to their parents and their advisers from their perspective class but it is extremely fascinating that you were able to pull a D rank magic that wouldn't be taught to you till the second semester. Pray, tell me who taught you?" The headmaster said smiling like he found a prodigy child that can be the school's representative.

"My companion taught me. He taught me a lot of things before I even stepped into the academy," I said while looking at Salem who tried not to blush. He looked away and cleared his throat.

"Ah yes, Salem Eclaire o wisp, A very good citizen of our kingdom. Helped us since a long time ago, taught us and gave us knowledge from all over the world. You are really lucky to have him as your companion," Headmaster Dandy nodded in approval at Salem and me.

I looked at Salem with pride in my chest for him. Yes, I really am very lucky to have him as a mentor and friend even though he may be a pain in the ass sometimes.